Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just curious if anyone knows exactly why there is almost a $6k difference in the price of a 2021 Mach 1 Premium vs. a 2020 Bullitt with all options except Recaros (~$59k vs. $53k). I am a proud owner of a 2020 Bullitt (L2390) and configured a Mach 1 just out of curiosity. The particular Mach 1 that I configured didn't have the $3.5k Handling Package or the $1k Appearance Package and had all of the options that my Bullitt has such as MagneRide, Navigation, B&O sound and a vehicle cover. The only upgrade that I know of is the Tremec TR-3160 transmission replaces the Getrag MT-82. Does anyone else know of any other upgrades that warrant that much of a price premium? Let me know your thoughts!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am just curious if anyone knows exactly why there is almost a $6k difference in the price of a 2021 Mach 1 Premium vs. a 2020 Bullitt with all options except Recaros (~$59k vs. $53k). I am a proud owner of a 2020 Bullitt (L2390) and configured a Mach 1 just out of curiosity. The particular Mach 1 that I configured didn't have the $3.5k Handling Package or the $1k Appearance Package and had all of the options that my Bullitt has such as MagneRide, Navigation, B&O sound and a vehicle cover. The only upgrade that I know of is the Tremec TR-3160 transmission replaces the Getrag MT-82. Does anyone else know of any other upgrades that warrant that much of a price premium? Let me know your thoughts!
The Mach 1 is selling for much the same price here in Australia - mid $80s Aus. But what pisses me of is the manual being offered with the white cue ball shift. Thought that was supposed be exclusive to the Bullitt!

·
Administrator
6,392 Posts
There's content that is standard for the track day mission it has - more cooling, MagneRide, and suspension tuning to boot. Add a gas guzzler tax, and the cost premium for the development work to get the new manual transmission choices (two of them) to work together with all of that content, it seems to add up to the higher price.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I've always wanted a Mach 1- one of the few Stang models I have not yet owned. The new gen looks nice but outside of the trans & exhaust tips, I see no value in ridding myself of the Bullitt to acquire one.

Now if a new Mach 1 owner wants to swap out their standard gray package wheels for my Bullitt's black wheels, now there's a conversation to be had.
Lee

1 - 4 of 4 Posts