Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 DHG #3122
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who is going to the 2021 Mohawk Track Experience and the Woodward Dream Cruise? Where are you staying for the events? The usual hotel in Livonia for the Dream Cruise? Greg, can you get us reserved parking somewhere if we aren’t entered in Mustang Alley? We are not planning to attend Mustang Memories on Sunday.

·
Premium Member
8,770 Posts
Hi Maguerite, for Mustang Alley you will need to register at this site, once it opens up. MUSTANG ALLEY REGISTRATION That maybe the best bet for any type of reserved parking. All other reserved lots are taken well in advance and at times require a rental fee.

·
Premium Member
2008 DHG #3122
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had saved the link to Mustang Alley and will check it regularly but I know more people try to enter the event than there is space.

I’m looking forward to the trip and seeing Paul’s GT!

·
Premium Member
2008 DHG #3122
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The two days of Mohawk Track Experience at Gingerman Raceway promise to be fantastic! Paul will have his GT there and some other Bullittheads are sure to show up. I don’t race my Bullitt and I still can’t wait to return. Terry is into photography so I told him I heard about a two day seminar on photographing fast things. This caught his interest enough that we are planning this trip.

Mustang Alley is a car show with hundreds of beautiful and unique Mustangs (and a few that leave me wondering about the owners’ sanity). The Woodward Dream Cruise goes on all day and into the evening and .. well, check out some youtubes from previous years. We sit in lawn chairs in the median and watch the show go by. It surpasses being called a mobile car show.

I’m not on Farcebook so I don’t know who else is planning what.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Mohawk TE is a GREAT event, for both drivers and spectators. Paul runs a friendly, family style event. Gingerman is a safe, easy to learn track, lots of safe run-off grass for your pony to feed when it gets hungry, except at turn 11, an easy to learn wide 90' right. Ok, trying to hook a beginner into signing up. Gingerman has great grip surface for a beginner. Paul provides coaches to get you going... Bullittheads will be there to help you too.
For spectators, bleachers with view of turn 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5, great view. Photographers can get permission into the infield at the flagger bunkers.
Boogie BBQ lunch great and then siesta...MTE gets support from many big names to T/E their Mustang products and Mustang race cars in the advanced group. Wow, lots of beautiful rides. Last year, I threw a point by to new GT5OO at turn 10 and the gates of hell music unleashed as it passed by, please lap me so I can hear that again.
I drove 1K miles each way to MTE last August, had to get on track despite Covid. Brad and I drove thru a 100 year storm to make it, with our BFG Sport Comp 2 tyres gripping. Left home with >3/4 brake pads. So MUCH track time, left Gingerman sqeaking my rear brakes and downshifting thru the mountains, made it 500 miles to Knoxville TN where my buddy changed out my rear pads after dinner. Will leave this time from home with fresh pads and back-up pads for the ride home, so much track time...

For Bullittheads at MTE, I have an open front seat for riders. Marguerite gets first dibs.

MTE is a true Bullitthead-Hoondog gathering, with a great evening parking lot party.

Not so sure about this new GT. Pretty Kent Miles paint but how does it run? Brad needs to bless it first and I need to drive it...stolen!

·
Administrator
6,426 Posts
If the Cruise and Mustang Alley happens, I am hoping to go. I am also hoping to be at the MTE as a spectator (or rider) too.

Reactions: Marguerite

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
Still up in the air on making MHTE this year. Would not be sticking around for the dream cruise but would head east to Mid Ohio Wednesday sometime.

Hopefully see yall bullittheads at MHTE or Nationals this year!

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
I'm signed up for MTE this year. I'll stay at the event hotel. I don't have plans to go to the Dream Cruise at this point. I think the Bullitt is probably staying home this year in favor of the Roush. It'll be a slightly different driving experience than when I had my Bullitt there a few years ago. Should be fun. Definitely looking forward to seeing Paul's new GT, too!

·
Premium Member
2008 DHG #3122
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Which is the event hotel?

Looking forward to seeing you again!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Who is going to the 2021 Mohawk Track Experience and the Woodward Dream Cruise? Where are you staying for the events? The usual hotel in Livonia for the Dream Cruise? Greg, can you get us reserved parking somewhere if we aren’t entered in Mustang Alley? We are not planning to attend Mustang Memories on Sunday.
I love both events but would never take a standard transmission car to the Woodward cruise again. After last time, it took my left leg close to four months to recover. Be safe, see you on the road

·
Premium Member
2008 DHG #3122
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I didn’t cruise, I spectatored. If I don’t get into Mustang Alley, we will probably come home. Definitely going to Mohawk Track Experience, though.

Chicago traffic is when I’m sorry I have a clutch.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts