Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've enjoyed my three years driving the Bullitt, but I need to get a small truck to help me take care of the PONY baseball fields here in my town, so it's time to move on.

2125 has just under 70k miles and is mostly stock including the Mach CD changer option. There are only minor mods like a Borla catback exhaust system, K & N air filter, grille delete (stock grill included), and the red "4.6 High Performance" badges on the front fenders.

Front bumper has a lot of bug induced damage to the paint and there is a small door ding in the right rear quarter's wheel well flare. The BF Goodrich 275-40-17's are a bit over half worn.

Asking $10,995. Anyone interested or with questions on the obvious info I neglected to include, just email me at [email protected].

Regards,
Mark

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,070 Posts
Mark, please check your shock tower sticker or did you make a typo in your post and in your profile? We have you down with #2125 and someone else with DHG #2135. :-?

Vicki

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, it's probably 2125. I know it's very hard to read the sticker. I will take a look at it when I get a chance.

I've always said that "Once you've had black you'll never go back--unless it's to get a DHG or True Blue Bullitt"...and I meant it. If the right opportunity on a DHG Bullitt presents itself at some point, I could become a Bullitt owner again.

regards,
mark

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mystery solved! 2125 it is....

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Mark: Sorry to hear you have to sell your Bullitt...........I heard you guys are suppose to get bidding going on the park here at Village at the Park and that construction could start as early as next year????? Maybe down the road you can get another Bullitt either 01 or 08.....Been fun meeting and hanging out with you at past events.....Keep in touch.......

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Frank, we are getting close to finished with the new park's architect. The board will be working on the financing next month (this is our biggest project ever by a factor of ten) and we expect to go to bid in 60-90 days. Goal is to have kids playing soccer at the new park next fall.

This was one of the most fun cars I've ever owned thanks in large part to this site, and the many nice people I have met as a result of it. I just don't have the spare time or dollars to do it right so it's time to move on....

regards,
mark

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No action here so yesterday I put 2125 up on Craigslist.org. Can't wait to see what kind of weird questions I get....

mark

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
OYHBYNGB said:
No action here so yesterday I put 2125 up on Craigslist.org. Can't wait to see what kind of weird questions I get....

mark
i'd be more worried about the people asking the questions :lol:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the offer Brian, I like your scoots! But mama says I need less toys, not more of them!

:lol:
mark

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have had 2125 at the local "Auto Fair" park & ride lot the last two weekends, and listed on Craigslist and Autotrader.com for over a week, and not a single call or email with any level of interest in purchase.

Is 11k for a clean Bullitt with 70k miles asking too much?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Kelly Blue Book shows it for $10.4K in good condition. So, I would think your asking price should be a good starting point, but you may indeed have to come down some to make a sale.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jeff,

Thanks for taking the time to check KBB for me. I had used it to choose my sale price which was higher a few weeks ago when I first listed it. I believe KBB is adjusted regionally because I'm in zip code 93012 and right now it shows a "good condition" value here with 70k miles of $11,310 (and this without clicking on the premium sound option of which my car has).

My car is kind of between an "excellent" and a "good" car which would put it's value between $11,300 and $12,100. I think I am in the neighborhood on price and do expect to have to bend a little to make the sale.

I did a quick upload of a screen grab of the KBB listing, not sure if it is going to attach to this message or not.

Thanks again for your help....

mark

·
Registered
325 Posts
One thing that *may* be stalling the Bullitt-Market is people waiting on the 08, plus those who have sold/are selling to get one.
We got our Bullitts last year, for $15K and $13K. The Blue Book value dropped by $2K right after we got the 2nd one (ouch). So be patient; there's always another "me" out there, who knows what he wants, and is willing to pay for it. The KBB / NADA comes into play, of course, when someone goes to the bank to get the loan.

·
Registered
325 Posts
One other thing, especially useful if you print it out and post it on your window...
While I use Kelly to _buy_ a car, I use NADA to _sell_ a car.

:wink:

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
The value sometimes depend on the value at recent large auto auctions. A vehicle may bring $15,000 this week and two weeks later bring $13,000. We must also remember the Bullitts are now 7 years old. Some dealers in my area use the Black Book which is new weekly and shows what different vehicles are bringing in the market.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Great point Jeff regarding using NADA values to sell from. The NADA web site shows a trade-in value of a Bullitt with the Mach stereo and 70,000 miles at $12,500 and a retail value of $14,800.

http://www.nadaguides.com/usedcars.aspx?LI=1-21-1-5013-0-0-0&l=1&w=21&p=1&f=5014&y=2001&m=1065&d=469&c=15&mi=70000&o=75~59~25&vi=52615&z=93012&da=-1&nx=1

I had created a little 11" x 17" poster to go in the door window with a picture of the car and reprint of the review of the Bullitt from Road & Track magazine. Most people have no clue what a Bullitt is, and the article explains what makes it special.

I think I will replace or augment that with a screen grab of the NADA values.

The bottom line is all it is going to take is to find one person seriously in the market for a fun driving Mustang to come over for a test drive, and he is going to leave a very happy camper.

Thanks again everyone....

mark

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Wait until after all the '08s are sold, then sell the '01's. I will be pulling mine off the market and following this strategy.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts