Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

#2237 for sale

1K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  PhotoRick 
#1 ·
dark highland green 29,000 mi. one owner, garage kept since new, excellent cond. $13000 or best offer. car is in westland michigan.call rick. 734 732 6876.

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

#3 ·
This is not good!! Your car is worth more.

#5 ·
Buyer Beware

My buddy test drove this car and found out why it was going for this price...

1. its in good condition, NOT excellent...exhaust tips looks like it was never cleaned, interior center console (where it mates to the i.p.) was not fully aligned as if it was disassembled and not reassemble correctly, drivers seat is kinda worn for only 29k - garaged kept. its been sitting outside since August of this year. Rock chip in windshield (dime to nickle size)

2. Transmission was grinding going into 3rd gear.

The car despite sitting outside for some time and not washed when shown did look acceptable. The owner said the transmission has been acting up like that just recently, past 2 months. (after the fact - see below)

3. Deal ender...did not disclose transmission issues until the test drive...what makes it worse was that the test drive happened at the bank before the almost sale.
Shame on my friend for not requesting a test drive and taking people's "Word." Shame on the owner for trying to deceive and misrepresenting.

Buyer Beware.

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

#6 ·
sn95 said:
My buddy test drove this car and found out why it was going for this price...

1. its in good condition, NOT excellent...exhaust tips looks like it was never cleaned, interior center console (where it mates to the i.p.) was not fully aligned as if it was disassembled and not reassemble correctly, drivers seat is kinda worn for only 29k - garaged kept. its been sitting outside since August of this year. Rock chip in windshield (dime to nickle size)

2. Transmission was grinding going into 3rd gear.

The car despite sitting outside for some time and not washed when shown did look acceptable. The owner said the transmission has been acting up like that just recently, past 2 months. (after the fact - see below)

3. Deal ender...did not disclose transmission issues until the test drive...what makes it worse was that the test drive happened at the bank before the almost sale.
Shame on my friend for not requesting a test drive and taking people's "Word." Shame on the owner for trying to deceive and misrepresenting.

Buyer Beware.

wow i wish i would have seen this sooner. first of all we made a deal for $10,500, pretty good deal for a 29,000 mi. car. to me the trans issue was not that big of a deal, my mistake. i called the buyer back appoligized and said the car is in the trans shop being repaired and he could still have for the agreed price. as for the other issues yes the car has been sitting outside since sept. not aug. and not under a tree or in the grass but on my concrete driveway just outside of the garage, because i have not got around to cleaning up the garage since my childs first birthday party. the rockchip in the window just happened a week before he looked at it, and after i posted all my adds for the car. the seat has normal wear for a 29,000 mi. car, what do you think i do sit in it and make vroom vroom noises all day. the car was not filthy when he looked at it, it had rained all week and looked like any other car that had sat in the rain for a week. this car has normal wear for a car of this milage. pics on ebay including interior pics.

#9 ·
Rick, you are correct. I was told you did call back to offer the car at the same agreed price after the transmission was fixed. Can anyone on this board say that transmission problems is not a big deal?:???: Come on Rick, would you not be discouraged from a seller that discloses problems after the fact? Any buyer would automatically assume now, that there could be other issues that is not being disclosed. Period. This is NOT saying there are with your car. The transmission could be the only problem, but i wouldn't want to be finding out down the road. And please, don't list the car as mint.

I stand corrected, that is was September and NOT August.
Good luck selling your car.

#10 ·
the trans is fixed now. it has a rockchip in the window, and a very small one in the door. all the other issues you listed can be taken care of w/ detailing. i don't have time to keep the car detailed anymore. the trans was not that big of an issue w/ me but now i realize it should have been addressed when trying to sell and i apoligize. and please don't make the car sound like junk when it is not. i still have not seen one w/ less than 30,000mi. for this price. it is a decent deal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.