Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went on a 2500+ mile road trip to Autobahn Country Club and Road America last week. Loaded up the Bullitt with the full kit and headed north Saturday July 11th. Also replaced my brake lines with SS and put new rotors/ pads on.

Had a blast with LAPS track days at ABCC full 3.56 mile course on Monday the 13th. Signed up in the novice with instructor so I wouldn't be in the way of wanna be racers in the Intermediate group. Ended up donating my 2nd session to instructing a lead follow for a slow M3. Left an easy 5-10 seconds on the table, out there just having fun.

Fun video passing Porsche, Corvettes, Viper, and McLaren. GT350 ended up disabled and had smoke pouring out of the hood to end the video, hopefully nothing serious.

Drove up to Road America on the 14th for their HPDP2 class on the 15th. Ended up pouring rain all day and night, had a BLAST! Won a $2 Road America rain poncho as a trophy for fastest time in the Speed Stop Challenge over a AWD Lexus, z06 corvette, Focus rs, Challenger, Mercedes, and 2013 mustang. Always great showing people that a slow car isn't as slow as they think!

Had big dreams of blasting in to Canada Corner at 135+ (previous best 130 at TWS) but the rain dashed that hope. Had to settle for 105 mph and that was pushing it as far as I cared to given the conditions.

Here is the Speed Stop Challenge and Road America's go cart course in my car:

Lap of Road America in the pouring rain:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Looks like you had a great time even with the rain!
Can you give me the specific part numbers for your brake line upgrade? I would like to upgrade mine to stainless since my originals are now approaching 20 years old.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like you had a great time even with the rain!
Can you give me the specific part numbers for your brake line upgrade? I would like to upgrade mine to stainless since my originals are now approaching 20 years old.

Maximum Motorsports Front Lines- Item # MMBK4F

Couldn't find MM rear lines like I wanted. Went With J&M from American Muscle, DOT Certified and made in USA.

·
Premium Member
13,801 Posts
I'll bet Road America in the rain can be fun, but also nerve racking. How does your car feel now with your brake upgrades?

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll bet Road America in the rain can be fun, but also nerve racking. How does your car feel now with your brake upgrades?
Road America in the rain was awesome, and yea hydroplaning at 80+ will get your nerves going.

I like the stainless lines, much firmer pedal feel. Honestly I was so used to the stock lines that it has taken me a bit to get used to the pedal feel. Actually produced a front wheel lock up when I was bedding in my pads on the street which I have never done before.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Sorry for the late reply. Life got in the road again......
Anyway, thanks for posting the part numbers for the stainless hoses.
I plan to do brake hoses when 3250 goes to bed for the winter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts