Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

FOR SALE - 2001 Mustang Bullitt GT

$19,900.

My approaching retirement requires that I part with my Bullitt. I am posting the "for sale" sign here to give Bullittheads and their friends and families the opportunity to purchase the car first. Car is pristine inside and out. Engine bay is clean and continuously detailed.

Here is relevant info:

• 2001 Mustang Bullitt GT; 4.6L V8, 5-speed, DHG, Mach 460 stereo, #2679
• 8,600+ easy miles driven only to car shows and Sunday drives (not a daily driver)
• Stored in her own standalone, heated garage
• Owner info: Adult owned (over 55); original owner; non-smoker
• Ziebart Diamond Gloss finish applied 3 times spanning 3 years (2002-2004)
• Multiple first place finishes at car shows (most recent: Best In Show, 94-present, September 2006)
• Rained on twice – both at car shows
• No dents or windshield dings; one scratch (came with car)
• Original windshield washer fluid :grin:
• Only Motorcraft synthetic oil (changed 4 times since purchase)
• More than $5,000 in mods

All OEM equipment that was removed comes with the car along with all show awards, and the following mods and accessories:

• MRT CAI w/K&N filer
• Ford Performance 3.73 gears
• Chrome 18” Bullitt Style Wheels (18x9s in front; DD 18x10s in rear)
• MRT Short Throw Shifter
• MRT Street Performance Springs; Lower adjustable control arms
• Toyo T1R Proxes (275/35ZR-18s front; 295/35ZR-18s rear)...1,000 miles on the wheels/tires
• Sequential Tail lights from MRT
• MRT Stainless H-PIPE 99-04 W/Cats (*)
• MRT Max Thunder 304SS Catback w/Brushed Tips (*)
• MRT Shorty Antenna (13.5")
• “Bullitt” logo floor mats from CDC
• “Bullitt” logo fender Cover from MRT
• MRT Hood Struts (replaces factory hood prop)
• (2) “Bullitt” front windshield banners from CDC (one on car; one unused new)
• Car cover w/"Bullitt logo from CDC
• “Bullitt” Blueprint drawing (external views and measurements)
• Framed Bullitt original window sticker
• Framed 2001 Bullitt brochure

(*) Note that the exhausts were unbolted and not cut in their removal.

Location of Car

The car is located in SE Michigan. Buyer assumes cost of transportation. Additonal pictures can be provided on request, and car can be inspected with prior notice. More pictures can be found in MY GARAGE as well as http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2176537.

Payment Info

Price: $19,900.00 (US dollars) firm (see buyer restrictions above)

Serious buyers only. No personal checks, certified checks, or money orders will be accepted for payment. Only cash, bank draft or cashier’s check from a major financial institution will be accepted as payment. A refundable cash deposit of $1,000 will hold the car, remove it from the market, and will apply to the selling price leaving a balance of $18,900.00 due at sale. Sale must be finalized within 5 business days from date of deposit or deposit will be returned to Buyer and the sale canceled. Seller reserves the right to cancel sale of car at any time without notice. Car is sold as-is, and all sales are final. Seller will produce a Carfax report at the request of Buyer. Buyer and Seller agree to wait until funds have cleared from the originating financial institution before Buyer takes possession of car.

Seller: Bill Flynn
email: [email protected]
Cell: 248.672.6712

Pics below were taken in July 2007 (ignore date - I forgot to update the camera's date info).

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Wow, never thought I would see you sell your Bullitt, especially with all the recent improvements you just added. Good luck and best wishes!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Is hell freezing over??? I think it must be because I figured you to be one of the least likely to sell. Hopefully the car will stay in the Bullitt Family, and hopefully you will stay around here also....John R

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MaineBullitt said:
Is hell freezing over??? I think it must be because I figured you to be one of the least likely to sell. Hopefully the car will stay in the Bullitt Family, and hopefully you will stay around here also....John R
Our retirement plans have escalated and I thought I would own 2679 for another 5-7 years. Life has a way of altering priorities. :sad:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
SmokinBullitt said:
Our retirement plans have escalated and I thought I would own 2679 for another 5-7 years. Life has a way of altering priorities. :sad:
Kudos to you for recognizing this and responding appropriately....Hopefully the loss of the Bullitt will be for the greater good....John R :cool:

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Axemanj3 said:
live in the car! hold the car for a year bill, and you know it would go to a good home with me! just not in my cards to handle it now.
Tim,

If no one buys it, I will hold for another year until Spring '08. You will have first crack at buying it.

I have two cruises lined up for this summer: MOCSEM in early August, and the Woodward Dream Cruise on August 18th. After that, 2679 will become semi-retired.

Bill

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
Axemanj3 said:
live in the car! hold the car for a year bill, and you know it would go to a good home with me! just not in my cards to handle it now.
And Tim will finally get the DHG he always longed for!

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Oh man!! Bill, you must be finding it difficult to let this car go. This is one of the best Bullitts I have seen.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Good luck in your search for a buyer Bill.

It is a shame you have to let her go but it sounds like you have crunched the numbers and it is a necessity for you to meet your retirement goals.

You are doing it for the right reasons.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
WOW! Anyways good luck with the sale.:)

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Hi Bill,
Hope to see you cruisin' Woodward this year. I have a wedding to photograph on the "Big" day so I can't come to Mustang Alley.

It will be a great sign if you get that price!

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
This is one pristine Bullitt. It's been used by Toyo Tires as its center display car at multiple car shows, specifically under the Toyo Tent in merchant alley.

I have dropped the price $19,900.

If no one buys the car, it will be shrink-wrapped and buried......no, just kidding! :grin:

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks like I might have a buyer at $21,900. Will keep you posted. He's coming to see it this weekend at a car show that I will be at. This guy lives practically next door to me (I prefer to sell to someone out of state so I don't see my Bullitt anymore).

1 - 20 of 32 Posts