Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I did my search right, I don't think this has come up. So.....has anyone mounted 275/45's on the rear of an 08, and if so, how do they fit & look? I think our rims will hold them. I don't want to buy just to find they won't work & I really don't trust the brain surgeons at my tire dealer.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Rear, no problem, go talk to the boys at S197forum.com, there's a couple of them running DR in that size.

Front would be tight though, and forget about it if lowered.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have Nitto NT-01 275/40/18 tires on my stock rims for autocrossing (all four). The folks who mounted them said they "went on hard" but they are on there. I'm sure any modern tire store can do it for you.

I don't have any pics handy and they are off the car now. Do you want a pic of them on the car (I won't have any close ups)? Or, I can get a pic of the tire on the rim but not on the car if you like.

I had no rubbing issues at all.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kirk said:
I have Nitto NT-01 275/40/18 tires on my stock rims for autocrossing (all four). The folks who mounted them said they "went on hard" but they are on there. I'm sure any modern tire store can do it for you.

I don't have any pics handy and they are off the car now. Do you want a pic of them on the car (I won't have any close ups)? Or, I can get a pic of the tire on the rim but not on the car if you like.

I had no rubbing issues at all.
Hey, thanks, I'd love to see a pic of your rears on the car.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kirk said:
Here are the best that I have. Not that great. Yeah, it looks like a 4x4.

Thanks, the width looks good. I think going to a 275/45/18 is the thing to do, the extra height should fill the wheel well a little better.

·
Registered
61 Posts
bmsjr said:
For autox I'm running 295/30ZR18 Hoosiers. My tire guy says you just have to know how to mount them. No clearance issues, but they are close to the front strut.
Yup, a lot of the top stock class AutoXers are using that size Hoosier. Seems Ford put in plenty of clearance on these cars.

Keep in mind though, Hoosiers are typically easier to mount on thinner rims than most brands. I don't think you will get 295/30 Kumhos or Nittos on our 8.5" wide rims. I've never tried it though, just haven't heard of anyone doing it, so don't take what I say there as fact.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.