Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on getting 18" Bullitt rims all around, but I want to stick with Goodyears. Anybody have 275/40zr18's all around? Is there enough room in the front for them? Thanks.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have the Kumho 275/35/18's all the way around. The only thing is I may go a bit wider on the rear like 295's when these tires wear out. Also with 275's on the front the car tends to wander around when she hits bumps on uneven pavement.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chris, I just wanted to make sure the 275's weren't too wide. I didn't want to have the tires rubbing everytime I cut the wheel from one side to the other.

·
Registered
693 Posts
use to have 275-40-17 all around on my
99GT on cobraR wheels without any problem
as Chris said the only thing the car will track a bit on galled pavement
any way let me know how it turn out I am doing the same thing to
I will purchase my 18x9 Bullitt wheel next month and I found 275-40-18 goodyear F1
Real cheap check this link http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compare1.jsp?startIndex=0&width=275%2F&ratio=40&diameter=18&search=true&pagelen=20&pagenum=1&pagemark=1&performance=UHP&manufacturer=Goodyear
It is the same tire the Bullitt prototype was using!
I’m still not decided if I will go with a 40 or 35 series tire

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info, I'm definatly going with the Goodyear F1's now.....i'm probably going with the run-flat version though. Unfortunatly they're a little more money :sad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts