Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess there's a welcome section but I also had a question. I picked up my DHG bullitt and noticed during wash & wax that the quarter windows seemed different.
After further staring, it turns out the drivers side has the bullitt sail panel/quater window panel but the passenger side is a regular curved GT panel.
The paint match is perfect and I wonder if it just happened at the factory but my real question is if cars ever get parted out here on imboc?
I'd like to change it out!! lol

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
did you get your car on Ebay? I saw one on ebay a little while ago that had that sail panel mix....Mach 1 s also use the sail panel

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
yes on occasion you will see one that is being parted out! It did probably happen at the factory, we have seen it more than once. A few of them had the wrong QTR glass in them. I happen to have the piece you need but it is black and has a couple of SMALL nicks right at the top that could EASILY be fixed while it is getting painted. It came off of black 4902. I can send you a picture if you are interested and I have had a Bullitt stripped down and put back together more than once! If you need help figureing out how to change it!

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,583 Posts
Hi and welcome to the Bullittclub! There have been at least 2 other members here since 2001 that have mentioned that on one side they had the GT C-pillar and on the other side the Bullitt specific C-pillar. It was one of many factory mistakes. Many people noticed too, that they didn't have the blackened corral surrounding the running pony on the grill also. They had the silver GT corral. Back when we had warranties, they just swapped the mistakes out with no problem.

Some people didn't get the rolled exhaust tips, some people had one Bullitt specific seat (Cobra seat) and the other one was a GT seat. One person that I remember didn't get the retro gauges, he got the regular GT setup. One guy was underneath his car doing something under there :D and noticed he didn't have the sway bars that were Bullitt specific. So there were several factory boo-boos.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bluebullitt2180.1 said:
yes on occasion you will see one that is being parted out! It did probably happen at the factory, we have seen it more than once. A few of them had the wrong QTR glass in them. I happen to have the piece you need but it is black and has a couple of SMALL nicks right at the top that could EASILY be fixed while it is getting painted. It came off of black 4902. I can send you a picture if you are interested and I have had a Bullitt stripped down and put back together more than once! If you need help figureing out how to change it!
I am curious how it comes off ( for future reference ) but am hoping to find one that's already green at some point. Thank you for the offer though.
I swear it's almost one of those things that i'm surprised I noticed. I'll have to roll under the car again too. Maybe I have a t-5 tranny and a 7.5" rear with drum brakes too!! :lol:
I did buy it off ebay from a really nice guy in the Charlotte NC area. He treated the car well and I couldn't be happier with it! :smile:

·
Registered
98 Posts
I had the same issue, where on the drivers side i had the GT qtr window and passanger i had the bullitt window. Very strange because unless you are looking closely you dont really notice. I didnt till after i bought the car.

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
Gotta love Ford's detail to quality................LOL

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Pronkie1 said:
Gotta love Ford's detail to quality................LOL
Ford: Quality is Job One, putting the right trim-parts on our SE Mustangs is Job Two.......... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Welcome to IMBOC and congrats on the recent purchase! As others have mentioned, there have been several "factory mix-ups" reported on the '01s.

I see you are in Durham. I'm located in the Burlington area, about 30 minutes down the road from you, and am the co-founder of the Mustangs Of Burlington. You should check out our sister club, Heart Of Carolina Mustang Club. They are based out of the Cary area. Lots of good folks in that club and one other Bullitt owner.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Pestlnce said:
cool - thank you!! Will they take members with mismatched c-pillars? :lol:
:lol:
I'm sure they will. They actually have a big show coming up on June 21st at the Morrisville Outlet Mall. They brought 17 cars to our show 2 weeks ago and we plan to being 10-15 to theirs. :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Pestlnce said:
I am curious how it comes off ( for future reference ) but am hoping to find one that's already green at some point. Thank you for the offer though.
I swear it's almost one of those things that i'm surprised I noticed. I'll have to roll under the car again too. Maybe I have a t-5 tranny and a 7.5" rear with drum brakes too!! :lol:
I did buy it off ebay from a really nice guy in the Charlotte NC area. He treated the car well and I couldn't be happier with it! :smile:
Before I type all of this I will say that it sounds worse than it is.

Take the rear seat out (instructions are in the Bullitt archive, link at the top of the page not the one in my sig)

Then take the upper seat belt attachment (for the front seat) off using a TORX socket. Take off the close hanger hook off with a phillips screw driver and then slowly carefully pull the upper QTR trim off. (held on with plastic push pins) now that all of that is done there are about 6 or 7, 11mm nuts that you take off from inside the car allowing you to pull the piece straight off from the outside.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Welcome to the Bullitt Club ;-). And I bet the car still looks GREAT even with one GT C Piller ;-).

Thanks

Bud

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.