Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a pic & instructions to use the cam install tool ($29.95) that allows a cam install in less then half the time. It allows you not to pull front covers & balancer to install cams.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
If you are VERY carefull this does work, however I have heard from a local installer that he has had to go back into 3 cars that have used that tool for the cam swap because the chain slipped and was off a tooth after the install. I am not saying don't use it just saying for my peace of mind I chose to pull the front cover. only added about 3 hours to the job.

·
Car Whisperer
21,377 Posts
very interesting, thanx for posting.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The guys I have talked too say the first one is the hardest then thats all they use now. They have installed over 15 with no issues & will be on their dime if a tooth is off. I will take the tool install when install is $940.00 turn key including Ford Hot Rod cams. Like anything it requires extra care or a second set of hands.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
I was in no way suggesting it was a bad idea, just saying since I did it myself I enjoyed the added peace of mind to be able to see that the chains did not slip a tooth. I started to use that tool. Probably the only reason I didn't is becasue Gail would have killed me if I messed the 08 up with only 7,000 miles on it! LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts