Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My neighbor claims he will be pulling the engine out of his 2007 GT and swapping in a Roush built shortblock. I can get a good deal on his 3V aluminum shortblock.
Question is will the 2001 Bullitt heads bolt on? Will the 3V pistons be a problem with compression/valve clearence? Motor mount issues?
I like the idea for a clean swap,to save 70 lbs. off the front end!

·
Registered
987 Posts
I really dont see a problem. But I could b wrong.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
you sure the new stangs are aluminum blocks?
I swore they were still cast iron just like every other GT.

**Googles**

:edit
yup, it is I guess... under 3v info
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Modular_engine

this intrigues me as this may be something I want to do as well down the road. More importantly I would even love to use the new adapter kit for the 3v heads if the intake will be able to go on as well :)

·
Administrator
6,628 Posts
If I were looking at an aluminum engine block replace for an '01, I'd consider the "Aluminator". If you read this MM&FF article, it suggests there are different versions for 2V and 4V heads. If that is true, then one might conclude using the aluminum block from the Roush car would not work.

I don't believe the heads for the 2V and 3V are physically the same dimension.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I don't think they are that much bigger than the 4v, but I could be wrong. It will be an interesting swap. Find some old heads maybe and find out.

·
Registered
494 Posts
It is interchangeable You will have to use our front cover. Main reason why they are called modular engines.

Chad

·
Administrator
6,628 Posts
M1 Tanker said:
It is interchangeable You will have to use our front cover. Main reason why they are called modular engines.

Chad
According to this article, they are called "modular" for another reason -

"Contrary to popular belief, the Modular engine did not get its name from its design or sharing of certain parts among the engine family. Instead, the name was derived from a manufacturing plant protocol, "Modular", where the plant and its tooling could be changed out in a matter of hours to manufacture different versions of the engine family."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.