Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed gears? I am debating on doing this and have read on other sites that 3.73 gears would the most bang for the buck. I would like more feed back on this before I spend a chunck of change on this mod. I believe that if it is a good mod that the following would be the best combo:
3.73 gears
Alum. shaft
extrude hone intake
Dense charger
Tri-AX
Custom chip created while on dyno.

Also wondering what gains people are getting from exhaust mods. Crimefighter has installed x-pipe and said it sounds good but is he really getting much more out of it? FOMOCO already has an H-pipe and freer flowing mufflers as standard equip. What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
crimecrusher installed 3.73's and is pretty happy!

·
Registered
610 Posts
It will definitely wake the acceleration up!One thing to keep in mind though, I put 3.73 in my Cobra and the car just was transformed, BUT the rpm range is quite different than the gt .Cobra starts to run at3500-4000rpm to 7000 or so whereas gt will top out around 5800-6000rpm.Not being negative at all ,but food for thought.Gears are not the easiest to change back,this from experience! Good luck.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice, does anyone know what the rpms would be at highway speeds say 70-75 mph? I thought that I read on another sight that at 70 the 3.73's would have the rpms at around 2000 - 2200 rpms. Anyone know for sure? Also thought that I read somewhere that there is a chart on a sight that will tell me what speed and rpm's would be with certain gears for certain cars. If anyone knows of this let know where to find it. Thanks.

·
Registered
610 Posts
OK . I don't know the formula but My Cobra shows 2500/2600 RPM at 70 mph with corrected speedometer gearing. You'll need a speed compensater along with the gears or a chip. Maybe Crimecrusher can help there.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Yep,figure about a 500 RPM increase with the gears. One thing I like about the 3.27 ratio,is that I can cruise the back roads in 4th gear at about 50 MPH at about 2000-2100 RPM.....Perfect!

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Hey OKCBULLITT,

Not to get off the subject...but where are you at in OKC. I am here too and have yet to see another BULLITT...:eek:( I haven't done much mods to the baby yet...but thus far. I have ATS sequential lights, CDC remote fueldoor, threw an alarm on her and tint, also removed my air silencer and put in a homeade CAI with a K&N filter...felt like it lost a bit hp with that..so I did a trick I read on Stangnet for rotating the MAF 90* and it seemed to work. I am thinking of just buying a Densecharger just so it looks better under the hood. Looking into getting some CDC dual foglights for it too...undecided though. Anyway...hope to see you on the road.

DarkJedi67

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,104 Posts
DarkJedi: Haven't seen you for awhile! Thought maybe you went overseas or something. Weren't you suppose to soon?

Vicki

·
Registered
15 Posts
Very happy with all of my mods so far. My next mods will be densecharger and Triax. Maybe an alum drive shaft too. Later on I will extrude hone the intake and heads. I've already got a cost on the intake, $600 + on and off labor.

Anyway, with 3.73 gears = 70 mph @ 2200 rpm, 75 mph @ 2500 rpm, 90 mph @ 3000 rpm and 4th gear hits 105 mph @5000 rpm. Good setup. If you were going to make trips to the strip then 4:10's would not be too much

1 - 9 of 9 Posts