Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3.73's OR 4.10's:confused: :confused:

What should I order??? What are the advantages/desadvantages of both?? OR should I just stay with the stock 3.27's??

Thanks Guys
TJ

·
Registered
670 Posts
4.10s if you are going to drive local roads. 3.73s if you do more highway miles. You lose some top end with these gear ratios versus the 3.27s. The only advantage is if you want to do "stoplight racing".

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1mach1 said:
4.10s if you are going to drive local roads. 3.73s if you do more highway miles. You lose some top end with these gear ratios versus the 3.27s. The only advantage is if you want to do "stoplight racing".
So what about running the quarter mile drag strip?

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
1543 had 4.10s before the K-B, went to 3.73s after the blower install. At the track with the 4.10s and the blower i was at redline before i knew it and had to watch to stay off the rev limiter.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I've got 3.73 on #562 and my 97 GT. They are great in the city because 4th and 5th aren't useless, and great on the interstate because 5th runs high enough that you don't have to drop a gear to pass. MPG isn't hurt too badly either. For anything other than a dedicated racer, 4.10's are too tall. Just my opinion.

K

·
Registered
987 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
To tell you the truth....to answer which gear.....what are you gonna do?....city an hwy driving...i'd have to say 373...drag racing....410 or more....but thats just me.......the best mod i ever did was the 373....you also might want to look at the gear charts.

·
Car Whisperer
21,377 Posts
3.73's are in my car, love them and they are the most recommended by all the tech writers in the various Mustang magazines.

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
I wished I would have gone with 3.73's as opposed to 4.10's, but I let people who don't pay my gas bill talk me into the 4.10's. :grin:

·
Registered
281 Posts
My Bullitt is a fun car and not a daily driver so if I cared about gas mileage I would be driving a Prius. The 410s really woke up 1843 and yeah if you had a blower 373 would be the way to go. I don`t know if the car IS actually faster but man it sure feels faster.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts