Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally getting my mods done tonight. Will be ready by noon tomorrow. I can't wait!

As Tim Barnaby's Bullitt says...YEEHAW!

Wade Koch
K&N Filtercharger
20% Tint all the way around!
3.73s & Steeda Tri-Ax coming...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: H1RESQ on 2002-01-04 14:31 ]</font>

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hey Wade,
I was contemplating similar mods - I have a few questions. Why the 80mm MAF not the 87mm MAF and where did you get the Maf. I'm looking to get a MAF and I'm just wondering which one and where to get it. Can you give me as much info as possible on where you got it (ie. part #, web page, phone number, etc..)

The only reason I ask about the 80mm vs 87mm is I remember reading in the club that the 87mm was the way to go - So, I was wondering your take.

Dave

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Having this done at a local speed shop in ABQ (The Dyno Edge). They recommended the 80mm instead of the 87mm because the 87mm is used more for blower applications. The 80mm is good up to 500hp anyway. Cost was $319. Don't know who they got it from, but I'll ask when I pick it up tomorrow.

Karl,

I think the whole thing cost me about $1100 total including labor. The gear labor was the most. I heard so many people talk about how tough it was to put the gears in and this guy did it in a couple hours!

The only hang-up was they ordered the wrong shifter (not for the Tremec 3650) so they're overnighting one.

Tim,

Chris said you have a different tranny than I do????? Do you have a T-45? I argued with him, but he insisted your's was different to mine. I thought all bullitts had the 3650?

Wade Koch
K&N Filtercharger
20% Tint all the way around!
3.73s & Steeda Tri-Ax coming...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: h1resq on 2002-01-04 18:43 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Wade,
It should be the same. As long as you got the right shifter(3650) and it fits it's OK then. Are you going to dyno since you are there?

When are you moving? We ought to get together before you leave. Looks like the WWS board is down so probably no hopes for a club event. I can probably talk Jim(red Saleen) into going. He just got a 01 Cobra and his gears go in next weekend so I am sure he'll be jonesin' to go play.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Wade, you're gonna love thoses 3.73s. This is a must do mod.

John

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tim,

Leaving town on the 18th. Anytime you guys want to go for a cruise, just let me know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts