Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new exhaust will be here the 10th & will install myself next week. I was able to find a sound clip on the Magnaflow web site. It will take you to the 16674 cat backs I am getting then click on sound clip to hear what they will sound like . They sound about perfect to me or my taste I should say. The look is great round all polished with a increase in HP/torque as a bonus. I like the sound better then the KR's also the looks plus the 3" pipes (cat back) what do you think?
http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=all&id=3249

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yup...looks nice. I almost went with this over my SSS exhaust, but the pricing and quality of the SSS got me. Comes in a week!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Those arent the regular magnaflow! You will love the sound of those. I love the sound of magnapacks on any mustang. Good choice there man!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Like they say in Mizory Show me! Post up some photos and a video I for one would like to check them out!

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They come in 2-1/2" or 3" it will only flow better past the cat's. Torque is not lost due to size up stream. Dyno test done by Magnaflow a pretty good bump in HP/torque with this set-up & the same set-up with 2-1/2". I will look it up again in the 11 to 14 hp/torque range increase or more from the bottom up. Magnaflow site has the sounds clips also.I have a hook-up (my son) so I got them at his cost which was about what most people pay for just mufflers or less. I don't see me going to wild on motor mods but what ever I do upstream (headers or no cat H-pipe) I won't have to buy twice. Only about $50.00 more for 3" over 2-1/2". Here is future up-stream mod. Cost for headers & x-pipe all stainless ($520.00) I will have less then $1000.00 in my whole exhaust system (shipped).

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The headers & H-pipe are from RPM in Houston & my son is a dealer for Magnaflow so I I got his price. Send me PM Can't quote on line or I will get him in trouble with Magnaflow. He lives in Arlington I also will be getting my Toyo tires from him wholesale T1R's 255-45-18" fronts & 285-40-18" rears for 9"x18" and 10"x18" wheels from Cruzin Wholesale.Wheels ran $122.00 front & $138.00 rear ea. Copy's of the Bullitt wheel.

([email protected])

·
Registered
309 Posts
Snafu,
Those wheels look great. I was actually looking at these online last night.
I like the deep dish look that these have.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Albert. I have a plan it will be nice when it all comes together. I will keep all my stock wheels & anything I pull off in storage so I can always put it back orig. someday but for now I like my ride to be to my own taste. That is the fun of modding Bullitt or not. I am not a purist but don't want to get to far from the outside Bullitt look on when & clean outside Bullitt look. Under the hood & exhaust don't take away just juice it up a little. Snafu style. I will keep posting as I get stuff in or ordered with pics to follow.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ken they are sweet exhaust for sure the pics don't do them justice. Mine came in today & wow are they nice. Those 3" pipes should flow real good & sound even better.
Cold front came in today so I won't be installing till it gets warm again. This is one of the best choices out for sound & power.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts