Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, hubby and I went for a drive to town and back last night. It was a nice evening and hubby saw a yellow vert coming up from the rear. They came up slowly and were really checking out Bullitte from the side. I think they were looking at the red running pony "running" inside the wheels. (see, I told you it was the coolest thing to see)! They were commenting on how different it looked-we could hear them as their top was down. The driver said "Nice car"! Then he sped up past us and it had a nice sound. We came to a light and low and behold, a white Cobra came up too! Don't know what year, tho. Newer one. Bill, my husband, was setting the vert guys up for a run (Cobra guy wasn't interested) and took off soo fast and chirped the tires into 2nd and the exhaust sound was VERY LOUD! They were grinning from ear to ear, I tell ya. Well, so was I! They asked how much hp and torque. Hubby exagerated a little and said 275 (well, some of the dynos said, right)?
They asked if we could have taken the Cobra. Bill said at the start but not at the end of a 1/4 mile.

Everyone has to tell of their acquaintences with other cars on this board. I just LOVE hearing them, AND experiencing them!
Vicki

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
C'mon... at least a little afraid? :wink:

The Novi is for the SuperCharger correct?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I really like the look of the Bullitt saw one at the LA car show very nice wish I could have seen the engine. I have seen a few in my area it doesn't sound like a GT or a Cobra and it has look of its own, sweet.

Novi2000 supercharger

98toplesscobra

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Niiicccee..
I'll bet that thing is faster than sh*t!
Before the Bullitt concept came out I had thought about getting the Cobra. I always knew I wanted something other than a garden variety GT. One thing I've wanted to know about the Vert's though. With the supercharger in your Cobra.. did you have to make any additional stiffening modds to your chassis/undercarriage to keep your car from twisting? I know they add sub connectors to reg. GT's to combat this from the factory. And if it's necessary on a GT I can only imagine the stresses put on by that Supercharged Cobra engine...

2001 DHG Bullitt #171

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blakwing on 2001-06-14 21:02 ]</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts