Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the past several months i have been think about repainting my Bullitt til i received a call from a friend in Mansfield....he told me about a guy that does paint recovery......so i called the guy...his name is Nick...cell# 214-205-1287....Nick does this stuff on the side...he came to my house.....spent 10 hours working to restore my paint......so i thought i would share this info with any who might be interested......

the pics are after the restore.......btw.....he has diff prices...it all depends on what you want.......

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
Looks real good but what shape was it in before the paint resto?

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
texasbullitt said:
looking great dennis, what exactly does he do / charge ?

mark.......Nick brings all he needs to re-do the paint.......1st thing he will ask is....What do you want the car to look like.....what are your expectations..after deciding that....he will test various media....to see how your paint looks an takes pics to document to the change in looks...swirlls....scratches....etc.....so what he is doing is working out a game plan for your car....also taking into account how thick your clear coat is too.....it is a long process for sure.....he has a van that has all his equipment in it...ie....power washer.....filtered water.....an all the power tools for paint work your can think of........cost.....he has several prices but they are based on what you want your car to look like....i paid $500 for the work done on my car....but.....hey...thats just me....ok........

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sniffroe said:
Looks real good but what shape was it in before the paint resto?

Jeff.....that is a good an valid question...my car came from the coast of texas.....part of the car esp the hood an the trunk deck lid looked like it had spent a lot of time at the beach an had been sand blasted...there were also hard water marks on it......also one morning i found two cats having a fight in the middle of the hood...so it was covered in scratches....all these are now gone...i hope i answered your question...................

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
dg517 said:
also one morning i found two cats having a fight in the middle of the hood...
:faint: Dam cats.
Then I got to say from what I see it's an excellent job and the price is very reasonable.
The best cat I've ever seen was a flat cat in the road.:lol:

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
dg517 said:
....i paid $500 for the work done on my car....but.....hey...thats just me....ok........
Did you stand and watch him? It might have been $300, had you not. :wink:

Maybe this year you can win best black Bullitt at the Shootout, and take the honor away from Dan! :lol: He always wins.

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BigBullitt said:
Did you stand and watch him? It might have been $300, had you not. :wink:

Maybe this year you can win best black Bullitt at the Shootout, and take the honor away from Dan! :lol: He always wins.

David.....to answer your question...yes...i stayed with Nick all day.....btw...it was a long day..but he wanted me to know just what he was doing....Nick called the job that he did to my B:b01: ....his "Down and Dirty" deal:lol:

Ya mean next year at the shootout....right:D...i dunno...man...ole Dan is tuff.....

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bullitt 736 said:
Dang! I thought for a minute you were finally going to paint your car green! :dhg01:

Pics look good. I've been thinking of something like this for the '01.
His price started at around $150 an went up....he had ben doing this kinda stuff for about 20 years

What?:D......wash ur mouth out with lye soap:lol: :lol:.......green.....blah!!!! :rotfl:j/k........

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
dg517 said:
What?:D......wash ur mouth out with lye soap:lol: :lol:.......green.....blah!!!!
Harrumph! :lol: The car does look nice. One of the best ways to tell is sitting behind the steering wheel and looking at how that hood shines!

·
Registered
722 Posts
looks really good dennis.....:smile:

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Thanks....Travis.......btw..i looked at having my B totally re-painted......cost.....$3700....also just getting the hood an deck lid re-painted...cost....$900......then i was thinking about all the little rock chips that we all get just by driving our cars....so i decided to go this route an i have been to say the least pretty pleased:D

Plus....i got some tips.....never use a california duster on a black car cause all ur doing is scratching the paint...to dry the car after washing....use a waffle drying cloth....just some info......an never use a bra......

·
Registered
73 Posts
Nick does excellent work. Basic pricing is on his website:

nickscustomdetailing.com

He's done all sorts of cars from mustangs to Bentleys. Even the Batmobile! Most professional detail your car can ever have.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
If that is the same Nick from DFWstangs then he is very highly recommended over there.

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i think Nick told me that he did some work for DFW Stangs an had some advertizing on their web site....he actually works for S/W airlines....btw....Dee i ask him about the egg stuff you had on ur car...he said that is tuff esp since eggs normally crack the clear coat.

He told me about his trip to California to do the Batmobile....took him 3 days to do it....an as we all know that thing is huge an it is black too.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Nick is the man!!! Check out dfwstangs if you want to see some of his other work. He just got done with back surgery so he's going to be down for a bit. But if you're thinking about detailing your car he's worth every penny.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts