Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

#3177 gets her first kill :-)

654 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  debullitt 
#1 ·
well i had to take out my first victim. I was my buddies 96 talon tsi. this car used be rule the local street racing sceene for a minute, but he started selling his mods, and the car is no longer what it used to be.

his mods include

Intake, injectors, fuel management, fuel pump, downpipe, clutchmasters. (bov, and ehasust has been sold) and last and the most important mod it his upgraded turbo, a 16G.

We started out on the highway cruising around 10 in first, then we hit it. I began to pull away around the top of the gear and kept pulliing. when i switched to second and the tires didnt chirp the way i wanted them to, i realized i had the damm trac control on. (i wish it was always off, and you could turn it on! there needs to be a mod for that) by the top of second he was about a car lenght behind, and the gap kept growing. I shut it down somewhere inside fourth. i couldnt look down at the speedo, those damm retro guages are so clutered. before we stoped i had him by at least 5 cars.

after we were cruising away from the police zone, we lined back up and went once more. this time with the trac off. this one was the same story, once i got into second, i was gone.

this guy races every car he can, he tried to tell me that he beat a supercharged fox body cobra, and all types of stuff. LIAR, LIAR!!

I love the taste of blood after the kill.

we are going to the track tonight to do it legally!

See less See more
#2 ·
You had taken away his advantage of a standing start. As a former Talon owner, I can believe his story if the races were from a standing start. There was very few cars that could hang with my Talon from a stop light. Car used to pull 4 second 0-60's.. :smile: AWD is a killer from a standing start. I'd spank Cobras, corvettes etc from light to light but then my Talon was very built and pushing 19 lbs boost on pump gas.

A roll on start negates that advantage. You did good!

Brian

#3 ·
Nice to here that I am not the only one that graduated from a Talon TSi AWD to the Bullitt. I really liked the Talon when I got it. FordBullitt is right, they a very quick cars off the line, but rolling probably no match. Mine is stock, but really enjoyed driving it. But love my Bullitt so much more.

Mike

DHG #3463
San Ramon, CA.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.