Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
3206 Dyno from 2003 and Apr 2007 with video!

This is from Speedworks in Lewisville (now HPP).

This was back in 2003 when a few of us went there for a Dyno Day. Remember Dee?
I was stock except for a K&N and Bassani X with Bassani Cat Backs. Stock tires and about 30-35,000 on the clock.

242.5hp 279.7tq
Temp was 52.94 and Baro was 29.91 inches
This was the best of the three pulls. The other two were:
236.2hp 276.8tq
237.3hp 273.6tq

I am posting this now so that there will be a reference when I get the car back from SWTuning next week and the Dyno results after the Paxton Novi 2000 install with Jim's custom tune.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well.....

Actually Jim, that was the raw (I believe) from the Loaded Dynojet.

Attached is the Corrected? of the same run (dynorun.003).

If this is not correct, then please explain what the two different values are for the same run (242.5 & 255.48) on the above and these Dynojet printouts.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes, the standard corrected numbers should always be used and referenced. I have no idea why "intelligent" people in these shops would not. The loaded dyno power numbers will be 8-10% lower. ALWAYS calculate the loss, do not multiply going up. They had the AFR way too lean at 13:1, and there is NO power to be had on this or any other NA setup, going from 12.5: to 13:1. The fact that the sample is taken after the cats and in the tailpipe is incorrect, and the AFR on the road will be even leaner, from these quantitive errors added together.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jim, thanks for the explanation. I kinda figured that was what it was.

My right foot is getting twitchy........I am waking up in the middle of the night and my foot is jerking like crazy!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
April 28, 2007 Dyno Tune with Paxton Novi 2000

Well I got my car back from Jim today and WOW! It is a little scary! I haven't even gotten on it really good yet as I need the clutch to wear in before I push it. But I can tell you it is the difference between night and day! It even runs better in the low RPM's!

Jim at SWTuning.com really did a good install job and went out of his way to please me. I can recommend him. He will not be the cheapest around but you will get what you pay for.

Here are the numbers:

These are the results from the PowerDyne MD Mustang Dynometer (Loaded):
340 HP 348 TQ - This is my 93Race tune and ran with 100° intake air. I had a bit of detonation due to the hot air and no Octane Booster.

For those that think this is low......the equivalent DynoJet numbers would be:
374 HP 382 TQ.

This is a Non-Intercooled Novi 2000 (Polished) setup with a 4 inch Power Pipe and a 1.75" Bypass Valve. All the other goodies as well, pump, 42# injectors, etc .....etc....

I have three tunes, a 91Safe, 93Safe and a 93Race (use one can of Torco octane booster with Race tune). All loaded into the SCT xCal2 that I just plug into the OEM port and download whatever tune I want to the car's computer.

I am in the process of uploading the final Dyno Run on youtube and I will post the link when it is ready.

Attached is a printout of the run (2 runs on the page). Run 1 is the 93Race tune and it is compared with #2 which was the stock run with C&L Intake and K&N.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
awesome
congrats :)

·
Registered
937 Posts
Awesome bro... Great pics and video. Very happy for you.

Running the 3.5" pulley ? What psi is it putting out with the power pipe..?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No, I will not make the Nats again this year. But I will bring it to the May or June DFW meet.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No, I will not make the Nats again this year. But I will bring it to the May or June DFW meet.

Also, I will be in Houston on the 15th of May and spend the night in League City. I have a 1 Day course in Galveston on the 16th and then I drive back home.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts