Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Kenne Bell BlowJob that is........(EDIT: Dumped Kenny Bell as they are too hard to get anything done with - Went with Paxton Novi 2000)

TS1000-99-INT 9psi Kit w/AC & Intercooler - Includes Boost-a-Pump, MONO Chip, 2.1 L.
F3004-EC - 90mmMeter/Big Tube Kit/Switch Chip Upgrade/Cold Air kit/75mmTB.
AutoMeter Lunar Fuel/Boost Gauges on Full "A" Pillar.
Denso U-Groove T20EPR-U with gap at .035”
Trac Adapt – turns traction control off at startup (instead of on as default). Remembers last setting when ignition turned off.

All this will go on in early April (I hope). Not sure if I will be back from West Africa in time for the Shootout or not. Hoping to get what is advertised in the Graph below.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
IF you can ever get Kenne Bell to talk to you!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I had the same kit installed on my Bullitt in Dec. and I love it. 408HP and 409TQ to the wheels. The Bullitt is a beast now.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
BIG PROBLEM!

I am out of the Country and I finally get a hold of KB (my Niece calls to order)
and Mike says that he needs the Catch Code and Calibration number off my computer to program the Switch Chip! GURRRRRRRRR!

Does all Bullitt Computers have the same Catch Code and Calibration number? If they do, can someone give me theirs so I can send it to Mike to get this thing ordered so I will have it when I get back?

Or, does anyone have access to Ford's Database that they can enter my VIN number and come up with this info?

If I can't get this done, then I will have to wait till I get back to order and then no telling how long I will have to wait to get the kit.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Surprise! Surprise!

I finally got an email from KB. Turns out that the Catch Code is unique to each car. Not really, as some will have the same, but not all. So it would be a gamble to take someone's Catch Code and if it was wrong, the chip would not work.

So, there is nothing I can do until I get back home in April and actually get the Catch Code off my computer. I will place the order then immediately and hope that it does not take too long to arrive. I MAY get it done in time for the Shootout and I may not.

Those Lunar Gauges are EXPENSIVE..........but NICE!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Can anyone recommend a good Speed Shop in the North Dallas or Oklahoma City area? Maybe even Houston area? (I could spend a couple of days in a Hotel there).

I will not take it to Dallas Mustang or HPP Racing, so do not bother to recommend either of those. If there is a good one somewhere I would want all the stuff in post 1 above to be installed and 6 Dyno pulls (3 at low setting and 3 at high setting on Switch Chip).

If there is NOT a reliable Shop available, can anyone recommend an Individual (maybe a FORD Tech) that would like to make some cash money on the side to install this stuff for me?

I am looking for a top notch, Professional installation. Not some guy half assed taping wires together, etc......

·
Registered
965 Posts
I have had good luck with Lone Star Performance in Garland.
I would only talk to Brian, the owner, about this install.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No one answers

I do not understand why these shops have email addresses/websites and yet they do not bother to respond to a request for quote!

I sent a request for quote to both Lone Star Performance (Brian) and to Southwest Tuning almost two weeks ago and still have not received any response from either!

Difficult to believe that no one wants to do this work!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
If you haven't purchase your KB yet, you may want to do it through the install shop. If you purchase it and carry it to a tuner and a bad part issue crops up there will be finger pointing between you, the installer, and KB. Avoid getting the short end by getting it from the installer, who should then deal with KB if any problems. 30,000 miles on mine and fingers crossed, Good Luck

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Received a reply

Jim Paschall from Southwest Tuning in Oklahoma City responded to me today.
He said he responded on the 27th of Feb, but I never got that reply.

He is going to do the work and I am scheduled for a May 1 appointment (3-4 Day job).
This is a Professional Shop that does a lot of work on High End Cars. Jim has 30+ years of Engine Building and 17+ Years of EFI Tuning Experience.

I am going all out on this. I am getting the TS1000 99 INT KB kit, but no chip, no boost-a-pump and 42# injectors. I am getting the Big Tube Kit with Cool Air Kit and 75mm TB, no MAF or Switch Chip upgrade.

Jim will be doing the custom tune using:
SCT BA2800 meter
4" filter adapter, velocity stack air filter
284lph in tank turbine pump
Hot wire FPDM (adds 2+ volts to pump)
Custom tune, w/ xcal2

I am also going with a Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch Kit from gearheadsracing.

Should be a pretty neat set up once completed.

Look out Dee! You will only see my tail lights when I hit the brakes! That is if you are through the Smoke of my 315's in time!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BUMP for DEE........Spanky, Spanky !!!!!

Ha Ha.....YOWEEE !!!!!

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
I think that you will be happy with them. He actually has very strong ties to a fellow Bullitt owner (OKCBULLITT). I'll tell you more next time I see you.

So, does this mean that you will be able to come to Shootout? You can run it down the track as is and then do an after once the work is done.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If I get back in time

If I get home in time for the Shootout I will come.
I will not be in the car show/shine and I will not race (don't wanna break anything).

I will just hang out and have a few beverages!

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
P-51 Bullitt said:
I will just hang out and have a few beverages!
That is pretty much all that I do!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
NO KENNE BELL !!!!!!

I have been trying for three F**King Weeks to get something from KB.
They will not sell me a "Tuner Kit".
They will not ship to a different address than the billing address.
They will not answer their emails in a timely manner.
Their Fax Machine does not work.
Their "MIKE" who takes orders either has the Flu, is working on a car in the shop, or has some other excuse for not being able to fullfill an order.

I honestly do not understand how they sell anything!

I am going with a Paxton Novi 2000 or nothing at all.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well......
They definitely lost mine!
If they worked as hard at selling systems as they do F**king people around, they would make a TON of money!

Jim at Southwest Tuning has guaranteed me that even with the Paxton I will kick Dee's Butt and that's all I need to know! **GRIN**

·
Registered
57 Posts
How many of you are coming to the nationals in Tulsa, this year? I may do some sort of dyno day to coincide with the event, if the logistics could be worked out.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts