Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All I can say is 3230 is alive and kicking, and MPH (Modular Power House) is AWESOME!

I'm still being....kinda....easy on her, 3/4 throttle pulls, etc, but, first impressions:

Below 2k, she doesn't much like part throttle cruising, induces a bit of stumbling. Although, off idle from a light, she pulls much stronger than stock. From 2k on, she pulls VERY hard, but from 3k on, when the cams hit and torque curve jumps way up, she pulls like a FREAKIN MOTHER at that point.
The final dyno from MPH reflects 327 max torque at 4.8k, dropping to 250 at 6.5k. HP peaks at 320 at 5.8k dropping to 300 at 6.5k. Tim expects once the rings seat, final should be somewhere in the 330+hp range.
She is very much the classic motorhead engine. At idle she has a very deep low rumble, very big block deep tone, that vibrates the hell out of the chassis. Reminds me very much of the built 69 Mach 1 351 in my youth. Acceleration is very strong, with the concurrent chassis vibration. Deceleration is met with the classic big cam/high advance timing exhaust bark. When the cams hit at around 3k, the exhaust really rumbles no matter what the throttle postion/engine load. A/F stays constant at 13 across the entire band. (I'll post the dyno sheet when I can get it scanned)
The engine is good for 7.5k redline, and Tim says it's ready to hang a 200 shot on it...giving me a good 600 hp.
All in all....she is all I was hoping for, and, me and 3230 are one again!

ROAD TRIP!!!

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Sounds Great!!!!!!!!

Sweet glad the Blue machine is alive and kicking!!!!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Nice! how much all that motor cost you installed? 754 is still running strong with 76k mile on it but when it does start to wheez i will have to look for a heart transplant.

·
Premium Member
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
ItalianDHG#0754 said:
Nice! how much all that motor cost you installed? 754 is still running strong with 76k mile on it but when it does start to wheez i will have to look for a heart transplant.
I wouldn't worry about being at 76k. 3230 was running strong all the way to 120k...but for whatever reason ran dry on oil...and frankly...not sure if it wasn't in fact caused by foul play. These engines seem very capable of longevity if cared for properly.

But...what, you looking to choke? Remember, you can replace stock with stock for about a third of what I just dropped....but....for those looking to call me crazy...

Engine (MPH):

302 stroker
Manley forged flycut pistons
9.8:1 compression
Manley forged rods
Steel Crank
Federal Mogul bearings
Moly rings
ARP main studs
ARP head studs
Canton 9qt oil pan
Cryo treated FRPP oil pump
Custom ground cam (don't have the specs with me now, will update later)
Custom prep'd race heads (again, specs later....but, basically P&P'd stageIII race)
Comp valve springs
BBK ceramic long tube headers
VRS aluminized X pipe
90mm MAF
Focus fuel pump
36# injectors
JLT CAI
SCT custom 4 bank chip
MPH custom tune
double hook quick release clutch quadrant
Steeda firewall adjuster
Flaming River steering shaft
McLoud clutch
Spec Alum flywheel
Steeda underdrive pulleys

Transmission:
3650 rebuilt/race prep'd by ProMotion
Cryo treated gears
carbon fiber syncros
brass shift fork fingers
26 spline input

All parts, labor, supplies, out the door for all above at 14k.
Basically paid for a new used car! But....there's no comparison
with an NA mill putting out shy of 400hp!!! That, and she's good this time for at least 250k before I blow her up again! LOL

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Sounds AWSOME Kurt!!! Can't wait for a ride in it. You know next Sunday (29th) is the Tri State Show in Cincy??!!?? Would make a good road trip to break her in a little. ;)

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Kurt, it's nice to have 3230 among the living. You must be VERY exited....alomost like a new car! I would imagine this has rekindled your love for your Bullitt in a BIG way!!

·
Registered
967 Posts
Congratulations Kurt!
R/T.J.

·
Administrator
6,285 Posts
Congrats, dude - watch the tickets! :)

·
Premium Member
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Valve covers are Team Breed cast aluminum. Do a search on this site and you will find them. They are awesome!

The heads had the I/E ports ported and polished, as well as the swirl castings in the combustion chamber removed. Along with the larger valves etc....basically custom built stageIII race heads. The intake manifold remained stock....wasn't worth the expense.

Greg, yup, I am excited!!! Been almost a year without her, and I was going crazy! I burned up 2 tanks of gas in the first 2 days I had her back! Yup, as for chassis, it's all new.....engine, tranny, and the suspension and diff were all new right before the California trip last year. I am actually surprised how well the interior is holding up after 120k. The paint was pretty decent up to last year....but...after sitting out uncared for during the past year the paint took a pretty hard hit. I'll have to spend a weekend with the claybar and some good polishing to get her back into shape. Other than that....WOOHOO!!! I'm back in the saddle again!!!

Tony, as for tickets....it only took my first night having her back to get pulled over, but, thankfully I wasn't cited!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts