Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought #3401 used in October 2001 at an Infiniti dealership. The previous owner (an airline pilot) traded it in on a used Mercedes SL500 because he couldn't stand the Bullitt's loud exhaust. :D

#3401 was my daily driver for 10 years and it became a weekend/occasional use car in 2011 when I got a company vehicle.

To make a long story short, #3401 got put outside in January of this year when I brought a 1939 Ford Deluxe Coupe home. I inherited it from Dad after he passed away last year.

The paint on the Bullitt was already starting to show it's age, but sitting outside for over half the year was starting to make it worse. :(

Once the '39 was made roadworthy, I got it sold and custom ordered a new 2020 Ranger STX. I drove an '86 Ranger from 1988 to 2001 and I decided it was time to get a truck again. The new Rangers are really, really nice.

The lovely wife was worried that selling the Bullitt would be a sad moment, but there's two things that make me happy about it. One, the new owner is going to fix a few minor problems and repaint the car and two, the new owner of #3401 also owns a 2008 Bullitt GT. He said it is #4340.

#3401 will be sitting beside it soon, and I can't think of a better place for it to be. :)

·
Administrator
6,243 Posts
Hopefully the new owner will post up here!

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Sad to see 'er go, but congrats on the sale & sounds like she's in good hands. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts