Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
holy smokes!!! Post the pics up here though, svt changed the site so you have to be a member now to enter the forums. :)

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Hey 240 find out the cost of doing that. im curious. ill want to make my BULLITTs drag wheels as well, even though the car will be built for Road racing ill want to slap on a set of DRs to tear it up some weekends.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Thats some great fabricating. Wow... Would love to see that in person.

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Mr.BULLITT said:
Hey 240 find out the cost of doing that. im curious. ill want to make my BULLITTs drag wheels as well, even though the car will be built for Road racing ill want to slap on a set of DRs to tear it up some weekends.
Considering he has to totally refab the interior floor pans. move the shock towers in, put a coil over suspension, etc. I would say way more than most of us want to pay. My guess if you wanted it done would be around 10K. Here is some of what he has done.

I had Weldcraft do the widening. I added all 2.5" of wheel to the inside. There are no spacers on the car. I removed the factory shock tower, and moved the wheel well towards the center of the car.
The car still retains its factory control arms. New holders for the e-brake cables and ABS cables will be machined out. I fabbed up upper shock mounts that I welded to the side of the frame rails, and made new lower mounts that were welded to the rear end housing. I used Chris Alston Chassis Vari-shock coil overs.
<!-- / message --><!-- / message -->

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
Considering he has to totally refab the interior floor pans. move the shock towers in, put a coil over suspension, etc. I would say way more than most of us want to pay. My guess if you wanted it done would be around 10K. Here is some of what he has done.

I had Weldcraft do the widening. I added all 2.5" of wheel to the inside. There are no spacers on the car. I removed the factory shock tower, and moved the wheel well towards the center of the car.
The car still retains its factory control arms. New holders for the e-brake cables and ABS cables will be machined out. I fabbed up upper shock mounts that I welded to the side of the frame rails, and made new lower mounts that were welded to the rear end housing. I used Chris Alston Chassis Vari-shock coil overs.
<!-- / message --><!-- / message -->
Awesome. hmm im still considering it.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Mr.BULLITT said:
http://www.weldcraftwheels.com/index.html

1 - 20 of 26 Posts