Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought that I'd post a picture of 3936 as it is currently. I am the original owner (...purchased October 12, 2001), and the 3rd owner (...bought back September 29th).

It has 58,636 original miles and the following mods:

'03 Mach 1 grill
'03 Mach 1 front spoiler
18x9 & 18x10 American Racing Shelby Torq Thrust M wheels
275/35/18 & 295/35/18 BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDW tires
Baer Eradispeed Brake Rotors
Hawk Performance Ceramic Pads
Steeda Sport Springs
Steeda 4-bolt Camber/Caster plates
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
C&L intake tube w/ 80mm MAF

Future mods:

Trick Flow Twisted Wedge Heads
Kooks stainless headers w/ cat x-pipe
Comp Cams (undecided on grind)
'03-'04 SVT Cobra independant rear
Torsen T-2 Differential
'03-'04 SVT Cobra hood (...closest in design to the '67-'68 hoods)

...It's great to be back!!

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
congrats on getting her back! that pic looks similar to one I have of my car a few years ago now

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Very nice looking B. Looks like some nice mods are in the making.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! It's nice to have her back... :)

She's not perfect as she is a driver, but also a work in progress.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
You bought it new - sold it - bought it back. Tell us the story. Sounds interesting.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Very nice!

I am also an original owner. Glad you were able to buy her back in good shape.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
dennisbaker said:
You bought it new - sold it - bought it back. Tell us the story. Sounds interesting.
I guess you could say that I sold it to the right person!

I found myself with one too many cars, and in a relationship where it just wasn't practical... the car became more of a liability than an asset.

I sold 3936 almost exactly 3 years ago with a little more than 48,000 miles on the clock by the time she sold. I held out for the right buyer as I knew the value of the car. I would not settle for less. I did compromise as the original Goodyear's were pretty thin. None the less, I got what I wanted.

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129446

When John came to pick up the car I mentioned that if he ever decided to sell her that I'd like to make the first offer, if I was in a position to do so.

So, I get an e-mail the first week of September from John that he was planning on selling the Bullitt and that he wanted to make good on his promise. He sent pictures, and it looked perfect. He mentioned that he had only driven it a little over 6,000 miles in the 2 1/2 years that he'd owned it, and that it had been garaged and covered the entire time.

When I went to look at the car, it looked exactly the same as the day it left my driveway... including the old Goodyear tires! I test drove it and my new girlfriend said... "So, when are we taking it home?!" We negotiated a price, and I brought her home the following week. The mods you see in the picture have been made since I reacquired her.

Needless to say, 3936 has a permanent home. When I do purchase another Hot Rod, it will be a stable mate!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Double post... oops! :)

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
damn fine looking steed :cool:

·
Registered
2,092 Posts