Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

3rd Annual Steve McQueen Days March 28th

2K views 38 replies 15 participants last post by  DavidMidgley 
#1 · (Edited)
The 3rd annual Steve McQueen days will be held March 27th and 28th in Slater, MO. Here are some details for the car show. There is a special Bullitt class Those that have attended the previous years have said it is a great time!!

<LINK href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Cadmin%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml" rel=File-List><STYLE> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} p.Style, li.Style, div.Style {mso-style-name:Style; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:none; mso-layout-grid-align:none; text-autospace:none; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} /* List Definitions */ @list l0 {mso-list-id:1404836629; mso-list-type:simple; mso-list-template-ids:895097772;} @list l0:level1 {mso-level-tab-stop:none; mso-level-number-position:left; mso-level-legacy:yes; mso-level-legacy-indent:0in; mso-level-legacy-space:0in; margin-left:0in; text-indent:0in; font-family:"Times New Roman";} ol {margin-bottom:0in;} ul {margin-bottom:0in;} --> </STYLE>
3rd Annual Steve Me Queen Car Show<O></O>​

March 28<SUP>th</SUP> 2009<O></O>
Main Street in Slater Missouri<O></O>
This is a one day show so please arrive early. We will<O></O>
start registration at 9:00 A.M. in the lot next to Slater General Store on main. Photo's will be taken as you register your car for the award ceremony to be held at 3:30 P.M<O></O>

You may park your cars after you register them<O></O>

Early Entry Fee $20.00 Or Day of Show $20.00 Entry Fee Includes:<O></O>

Free T-Shirts for the first 100 cars Sponsored by the City of Slater Door prizes provided by local merchants
Awards Include:<O></O>

Three in Each Class, Plus Best of Show, Best of 1968. Travel Distance<O></O>

Classes Include:<O></O>

Bullitt Class (Mustangs & Chargers) 5. Street Rods
Vintage (1930's and older cars and trucks) 6. 1940's and 50's Stock
1940's and 50's Modified 7. 1960's and 70's Stock
4. 1960's and 70's Modified 8. Corvettes
9. Modern Cars and Trucks (1980 and up)

Also there is a raffle for a 2009 kicker 5150 Hard knock motorcycle.
http://www.cityofslater.com/steve_mcqueen_day_bike_raffle.html

See less See more
#3 ·
long drive for me but it would be nice to go to. hmmmmmmm

#5 ·
oh, yeah, been in the upper 30's here some.

#6 ·
according to map quest it is only a 17.55 hour drive of 1145 miles for me and thats only one way maybe i can go for the longest travel time.

#8 ·
Hi all, I plan to BE THERE for sure! (Maybe we can Convoy together Dennis?? -- see if others from the Kansas area are up for it...) I'll likely go in my "BULLITT Replica" NOT sure if I posted on here about it before or not?? I know I told B-Man...found it off the Internet while surfing from Saudi! (ALWAYS getting into trouble online!! : >) GOOD to be back and I OWE you a phone call soon! We'll catch up; but for now, I'm DEFINITELY planning to do this Event this year! Hope other locals can join us, or the Brave Souls willing/able to travel! We all know we can't make them all, but I"ve MISSED so many that I'm trying to make all I can in '09!

#10 ·
Hmmm... over 1100 miles from NYC. Sure wish I could do it. :(

Steve

#11 ·
Reminder: this is only 3 Weeks away now!

Hi All,
Just a reminder; this is approaching fast and I'm going for sure no matter what; hope to get a little convoy going w/ those near Kansas City Area...let me know. Take care and HOPE to see you there! (Daylight Savings starts early this year! We set the clocks ahead 1 Hour this Saturday night/Sunday Morning!)

Take care,

#12 ·
texasbullitt said:
ALMOST 10 HOURS AND 602 MILES FOR ME
Remember, arrive early!:shock:

So, do you want to convoy? :lol:

#15 ·
maybe next year depending on where the Nats are. I want to do this some time.

#18 ·
KS + MO BULLITTHEADS will be there too!

Hi all,

Several of us from the Kansas and Missouri area plan to be there as well; so we look forward to meeting you...we'll be convoying over there together early Sat. morning on the 28th from the Kansas City area...let's hope for good weather and it should be a good time; this will be my first time there too! (Bringing my '68 Fastback 'BULLITT Replica' if weather cooperates etc. etc.)

Have a safe/GOOD trip down! See you soon!

#19 ·
Genius said:
Looks like me & Debbie will be there also...1st time.
Can someone tell us what to expect like what all goes on,
how many cars show up or any other info?
Thanks Gene

We were wondering the same things... how many people go? cars?
Anyone from previous years care to chime in...?? :smile:

#22 ·
Slater is a small town with a couple of restaurants and bars, a memorial park and a wide Main St.with angled parking for the car show location.
The car/bike show was great fun last year with lots of friendly people full of knowledge and conversation.
There was a bike show with burnouts, slow ride, etc.
Barbi McQueen and Steve's stunt double were there signing glove boxes, pictures and books and they are very friendly.
If you're into bars, the afternoon bar scene was packed with car folk and bikers telling lots of great stories and experiences.
Best of all you'll get to meet other Bullittheads.
Priceless.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.