Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Logan Motorsports and Modular Mustang Racing are both doing and making parts for an easy swap of the 3V engine into the SN95 chassis.
Of interest are the exhaust header/manifold adapter plates,to let you keep your exsiting 2V headers! The throttle body adapter to 3V intake plate,the Bullitt TB could be possibly reused. The correct exciter ring,so the 2001 ECM can fire the 3V.
And they are making the 3V camshaft phase lockout gears,to fix the cam timing in place,so the 2V computer will work.
This could be a great swap.....best of BOTH Bullitt Mustangs wrapped in the 2001 Bullitt! Just think now 300+ OEM HP,in a 2001 Bullitt with 70 less lbs. on the front end!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
That could end up being a sweet deal!!!!!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dream about this all the time. Especially,after I rode in my neighbor's 2007 GT,after his 4.10 gear install. That thing pulls hard over 3500 RPM! His 4.10's are closer to my 3.73's when you figure he has a 26.7 dia. tire compared to my 25.6 !
As far as the header and TB adapters...they are as close as my milling machine!

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
There's a guy on SVTP that has already done this swap. His name there is 3V2000GT. Here's his car. Has 370rwhp 370rwtq all motor.

Specs:
livernois stage 3 ported heads- 301 intake, 218 exhaust
stage 1 bbr cams
Livernois forged 3v rotating assembly with stroker crank
10:5 compression
custom intake
electric water pump
polyurathene motor mounts

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
BlkBullitt4655 said:
What about hood clearance? would that be a problem, and i wonder how much all this costs.
I would almost gurantee that the stock hood wouldn't fit. The 3V intake has the throttle body up front. That coupled with the intake tube would make it a necessity to run a cowl hood of some fashion. I could be wrong though. :cool:

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah,I did read a note that hood clearence might be tight,with a GT/Bullitt hood. It's always something!

·
Registered
77 Posts
This seems like a much better solution than rebuilding the 2v. Just gotta see if its less expensive or not much more expensive than a rebuild w/ a supercharger.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
As cool as it would be to do the 3V swap and to be different, why not just go 4V? You would think that with the amount of time the 4V has been out, parts would be cheaper and easier to find. I would also imagine the 4V heads would flow just as good or better than the 3V. Stock for stock the 4V motors (Mach 1 and non S/C Cobras) put out just as much hp as the new 3V, and also seem to really like bolt on mods. With the kit you speak of, it seems like everything is plug and play with the stock 2V computer and harness, so I can see the advantage there. But it just seems like if you are going to go to all that touble to swap to a 3V, you might as well go with the 4V.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
itsabullitt said:
As cool as it would be to do the 3V swap and to be different, why not just go 4V? You would think that with the amount of time the 4V has been out, parts would be cheaper and easier to find. I would also imagine the 4V heads would flow just as good or better than the 3V. Stock for stock the 4V motors (Mach 1 and non S/C Cobras) put out just as much hp as the new 3V, and also seem to really like bolt on mods. With the kit you speak of, it seems like everything is plug and play with the stock 2V computer and harness, so I can see the advantage there. But it just seems like if you are going to go to all that touble to swap to a 3V, you might as well go with the 4V.
I agree 100%

·
Car Whisperer
21,377 Posts
+ another one...definitely a 4V instead...flows better, they would be easier to install. Even a Mach 1 motor would be better. Still has the 4V heads and you could do the bottom end before the swap. the Mach 1 stock motor has about the same HP 305 or 310 HP depending on the year) as the 3V does.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
if they can make adapter plates to reuse the whole Bullitt intake system, then I would definitely be interested at some point! If I have to swap complete intakes, I would probably just go 4v as well

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I like the 3V idea,because the 3V engine is lighter in weight,than the 4V engines. Also the 3V swap would enable a person to reuse his 2V headers,with the adapters.
The 3V head is a great mix for top end power and low end torque.
As far as getting the Bullitt intake to work....If the manifold bolt pattern and port locations are close,some porting of the runner outlets,or adapter plate could be done.
This is all an interesting idea of a swap.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I understand that people would say to just do a 4V conversion instead. But the way I see it, How many 4V parts are out there compared to the 3V. The 3V has been in the stang for 3+ years. Thats alot of engines. IMO Ford is going with the 3V than the 4 for $$$ reasons. So the aftermarket will soon follow.

Chad

1 - 16 of 16 Posts