1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
It's almost always the truly innocent ones that are affected by this. Sad story indeed. I could go on and on about society and how I believe advertising/video games/movies are totally responsible for this behavior, but I won't.

·
Registered
168 Posts
If it would have happened to my 3 year old, the little Bastard would never make to trail. Regardless of what the Law thinks, I would elimate this guy and anyone else involved ASAP.
Sorry, but my 3 year old Daughter, Sierra, is my whole world...
And if she were harmed, or worse, due to some punks poor breeding, and lack of character, someone is gonna get dead...
Plain and simple...

David

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
BigBullitt said:
It's almost always the truly innocent ones that are affected by this. Sad story indeed. I could go on and on about society and how I believe advertising/video games/movies are totally responsible for this behavior, but I won't.
Don't forget about music and MTV.

The way they glorify the "thug life" sickens me.

Kids think it is something to aspire to - to be a gun toting criminal. I am truly worried about the next generation because of this.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Devious said:
If it would have happened to my 3 year old, the little Bastard would never make to trail. Regardless of what the Law thinks, I would elimate this guy and anyone else involved ASAP.
And if she were harmed, or worse, due to some punks poor breeding, and lack of character, someone is gonna get dead...
Plain and simple...

David
I understand your opinion, but that really isn't the answer.

My kids are my world as well, but getting locked up for life for extracting revenge on the punks who are responsible isn't gonna make her come back.....

·
Registered
168 Posts
Bullitt_5135 said:
I understand your opinion, but that really isn't the answer.

My kids are my world as well, but getting locked up for life for extracting revenge on the punks who are responsible isn't gonna make her come back.....
Your right, to a point. However, I really don't think I would care about much about what happened to me.
My own grief, and broken heart, and the thought that the POS could one day do the same thing to another child, would be to much for me to live with...

David

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Devious said:
Plain and simple...

David
that's probably why the two of them are still in jail
they are afraid someone will get to them

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Bullitt_5135 said:
Don't forget about music and MTV.

The way they glorify the "thug life" sickens me.

Kids think it is something to aspire to - to be a gun toting criminal. I am truly worried about the next generation because of this.
What really sucks is it's my generation that perpetuated all this by not being able to say one, simple little word to our kids: "No." "No" brand new cars that you can't handle, "No" staying out to midnight at age 13. "No" listening to the crap music you mentioned above.

·
Registered
967 Posts
it does suck for the kids like me though who don't street race and are responsible. It raises insurance prices so high for us (i got a huge deal on mine though so i lucked out). the only reason i have my bullitt is because my parents know im not going to street race. I have raced before but at a race track. my parents aren't too worried about me not being able to handle it 1) because i don't do stupid **** like that and 2) I have faster track times in the bullitt than my dad lol. he races competitively so its not like he cant drive. I honestly dont know how i got better track times than him at the local drag strip but i did and i rub it in his face every chance i get lol. but back to this topic I hate kids who street race. its stupid. and its not just kids in the "better" cars its everyone who has something to drive. I have a lot of friends with SLOW cars but they drive it to the limit from stop light to stop light. I think racing games have more to do with the street racing than anything. i think they believe they got really good at the game so why wouldn't they be good on the street and most kids feel invincible.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
BigBullitt said:
What really sucks is it's my generation that perpetuated all this by not being able to say one, simple little word to our kids: "No." "No" brand new cars that you can't handle, "No" staying out to midnight at age 13. "No" listening to the crap music you mentioned above.
I have NO problem saying that word to my kids, but I know exactly what you are talking about.

A lot of parents these days are more interested in being friends with their kids as opposed to being parents. That is the easy route to take when they are young, but it does NOT work as they get older. They need discipline and direction.

Dammit, I am sounding like an old geezer. Thats what happens when you turn 40, I guess.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts