Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back this afternoon from getting my 4.10s installed that have been sitting in my garage for over a year. Holy cow it's like a whole new car. If anyone is contemplating whether or not to get them, do it, you won't regret it...

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Did you go from 327s to the 410s? Just curious, what are your usual shift points now?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dennisbaker said:
Did you go from 327s to the 410s? Just curious, what are your usual shift points now?
I went from stock 3.27s to 4.10s. Not sure on the shift points b/c driving around yesterday I really didn't pay much attention to it. All I can say is it gets you up in that 3K rpm range so much faster.

BTW 1st gear is not useless now, it's fun :D

·
Registered
197 Posts
If you dont mind me asking but, what did the shop charge you? Did you also do the complete bearings?

BLACK_2425 said:
Just got back this afternoon from getting my 4.10s installed that have been sitting in my garage for over a year. Holy cow it's like a whole new car. If anyone is contemplating whether or not to get them, do it, you won't regret it...

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thanks I'm looking around and trying to get the going rate.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I recommend an NX wet 100shot if you really want performance per dollar value...

·
Registered
879 Posts
magnum347 said:
I recommend an NX wet 100shot if you really want performance per dollar value...
i was talking to the guy i got my car tuned at, and he was saying those kits dont come with any of the safety equipment, and doing it right would be like 1700 $. idk much of any about it, just going from what i heard. Like for example he said they dont come with switches to turn them on and off for what rpm to kick in. He brought up an example if you have one of those full throttle one, if you got on it at a light it could kick in, you break traction too eassy and the rpms keep going up b4 youd shift and you blow your motor idk :confused:

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
N2O is fun (I've had it on a few of my past cars), safe (when installed properly) and a real blast (pun intended). But, you do have to keep refilling it, when the juice is up the fun is over, and if not monitored properly, can be a headache to the motor. Fun for a while, but not for me anymore.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts