Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The question was asked but no answer was given, what is the reasoning behind the removal of the Air Silencers? Dose it boost hp or what? Inquiring mines like to know.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Ok, The Answer. The verdict is still out on whether or not removing the air silencer will improve performance. The idea behind removing it is to remove a restriction. The silencer has a smaller opening inside the fenderwell than the size of the MAF. So, technically, removing it allows greater amount of air into the MAF. However, that greater amount of air is no longer cool air from the fenderwell, but a combination of the cool air and hotter air from under the hood.

Bottom line....some '00-'01 GT's have lost power from removing the silencer -- up to 3 HP. Until someone here does a back-to-back dyno with and without the silencer, we won't know.......

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
as far as mine go's, i think all it did for me was make it SOUND faster, as far as hp gains, if any maby 1-2 but like dave said, it's now breathing warm air from under the hood................

1 - 3 of 3 Posts