Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to go to the track last night figuring the weather would be much better this week than previous weeks. We had temps in the high 60s earlier this week, but the clouds built up yesterday and turned out pretty humid.

I pulled in and the first thing that caught my eye was another Bullitt. I couldn't believe there was actually another one there, then I see two more :smile: I talked to the guys a little bit toward the end of the night. I think two were brothers and the other was a good friend of theirs. I told them about Bullittclub in a recruitment effort. I think one was aware of it, hopefully they will join us.

Other than that it pretty much sucked. I got there and hour earlier than usual and still ended up getting only one run. A couple incidents caused them to stop running for a good while. My car had plenty of time to cool though. I managed to run a 14.17 @98.45 topping my previous best of 14.37 @97.99.

One of the other Bullitt owners had a DHG that I saw run 13.70 @100.XX. He said it only had 600 miles on it. I was kinda pissed when I saw the guy lay down numbers like that and I couldn't. Upon further inspection he had a CAI, Timing Adjuster, MAC off road Pro Chamber and Drag Radials. I was somewhat relieved to see that :wink: I din't see what the other DHG ran, but the other black one ran 14.40's. He had a CAI as well, but I'm not sure of anything else.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 01GTB on 2001-09-20 14:56 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Keith,
Man, I was going to come over last night, but didn't because of new earlier work hours. Guess I should have just bit the bullet and come on over.
Steve

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was an interesting site. Three of the Bullitts sitting right together in the staging lanes. Two of them raced each other. I got stuck racing an Integra that I have no idea what will run. I knew it must be fairly fast, the guy had a helmet on :grin: His times were strange to say the least.

Take a look at these:

Integra........Keith

60' 2.495......2.150
1/8 9.39.......9.191
1/8 84.4.......78.07
1/4 14.273.....14.171
1/4 94.78......98.45

He was almost 6 1/2 mph faster in the 1/8 :eek: At about 1150 ft he was about a 1/2 car behind and then he began to fall back. The car didn't seem to break, maybe he ran out of nitrous.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Yes the Drag Radials will certainly make a difference,but so will a lucky launch. My best stock run was a 14.10 at 99.7. Waiting for a nice chilly fall evening to try again. What I need is a Line-Loc to do a good burn out.

·
Registered
372 Posts
keith- sounds like you guys had a good time down there. i will definitely have to drive mine down this winter if i ever get it back from the shop. yup, they still have it and are waiting on a new tranny. this has been one hell of a mess. i had to get art hyde involved just to approve shipping a new trans. he said that it should have arrived today. hopefully i will have it back by the end of the week

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That sucks man. Thats been about 4 weeks right? Thats worse than my 87, the clueless dealer had it for 18 days for a T5.

·
Registered
372 Posts
dude, your not going to believe this....the dealer called and told me to pick up my car. i went and got it and everything seemed fine. as i merged onto the interstate i realized that the cruise control did not work. the mechanic must have forgotten to hook something up. this is like the never ending story!!!!!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Real men are smart and use their cruise control so they don't get a ticket, or they are like me and just get a valentine one and go as fast as they like to no avail.:grin:

·
Registered
448 Posts
I agree about using the cruise control to not get a ticket, but it's not helping me from stoplight to stoplight! :smile:

:bullitt:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts