Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I was heading home from a night out of pool with a couple of my friends. I am heading home at about 2:30 AM when I stop at a red light on IN Rt. 30. I have the Mach blairing and I just hear the faint pitch of exhaust over the bass in my car. I turn down the cd player and take a look around to discover that I am in decent company. Lined up right next to me is a 94/95 5.0 L newer body style. Behind him is a newer T/A and right behind me is a T-bird (I think....he never got anywhere but behind me and I couldn't see well through the tint). At any rate, everyone is romping on the throttle and letting the world know what was about to occur, while mild mannored me just sat there not making a sound. The car in gear, traction control off, watching the other light for a yellow so I know ours is going green. Green hits and the 5.0 does nothing but spin cause he was in a high rev when the light changed. I pull away from the t-bird and the T/A immediately swings around the 5.0 and comes runnin after me. Next light, same order but with the T/A in front of the 5.0. Light changes and Bullitt #929 takes off the line from about 3500 RPM with a chirp 1 to 2 and 2 to 3. I took him off the line bu the LS1 has too much top end for me. So with the adrenaline pumping I went out looking for more. Unfortunately there isn't much available at 3 AM on monday and I went home to muse over the venture. There has got to be at least one counted kill in there somewhere. If not it sure was a lot of fun doin it!!

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
good story Lok!!!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Route 30 is always a great place for some street racing. I remember when I got my 85 GT back from a shop close to the Mall. I hadn't had it in almost 2 weeks & I was meeting some friends at the Hooters off I-65. I hammered it at every light on the way over there & made a real ass of myself, but I missed the driving the Stang & had fun zooming light-to-light.

·
Registered
451 Posts
GREAT STORY!!!

Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts