Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

435 and me stopped at a grocery store today to grab some milk. Two spaces down, I spotted what looked like a black Bullitt. I get out of 435 and I see the "Bullitt" tag on the rear of the car. Then I have to whip my shades off because I could not believe that there was a spoiler!

I stalked over and lo and behold, it was a black V6! Cloth interior, mocked up twin rear exhaust, and an automatic transmission! Some jerk just grabbed the name plate off ebay and slapped it on his/her car! I was livid...

Oh, and the inside of his car looked like a landfill.

Anyway, 435 is doing well. Does have the cold engine clunk from time to time and ticks every now and then, but otherwise runs well. Also starting to get that movie-look with the nice daily-driving dust in the spash areas and ground effects.

What an awesome car.

MF

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Should have stood in the parking lot till the owner came out and been like so thats one of them Bullitts eh. You mind if i peak inside? Oh you can get um in auto too, Cloth seats also, that leather get so hot. why dont you lite um up for me one time I got to hear her peerrrrrrr and cherp um. Then as he/she is doing that I would have run down to mine and been lik ewanna race.

·
Registered
53 Posts
same here, saw the black bullitt parked off of wayne rd just south of ford rd in westland, mi. but the real kicker is that this guy works at a body shop and should know better. have seen it parked there more than once out front.

·
Registered
437 Posts
One day at a traffic light, I was next to a V6 orange-reddish Mustang that had Bullitt acessories on it. To bad I wasn't in my Bullitt to show that driver how the car really looks like.

Can you imagine what others in traffic might have thought? A fake Bullitt next to the real thing!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
No one has mentioned the 2002 GT’s. Ford has added the hood scoop and has the “Bullitt” mags as options. Not sure if the 2002’s have been lowered or have the added horse power the Bullitt’s do. Anyone know?

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
No, I think that they still have the same horsepower and suspension as the 2001. Not to slam those of you with TB's and Black, but this is just another reason that I am glad I chose DHG. Nobody will wonder if mine is for real.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Someone at work has a 2001 V6 with all the Bullitt add-ons. He parked next to me one morning and I said hello. The area is also known as Mustang Alley. There are anywhere from 4-10 Mustangs all parked near each other. Nearly all are V8's. He saw, and heard, the car and didn't say a word. The next day he stated parking in a different area of the lot.

·
Registered
466 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the "Bullitt" wheels were initially intended for the '01 or '02 GT. Art Hyde saw them and wanted them on the Bullitt. They were never Bullitt specific wheels.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Pet Bullitt - 2001 Mustangs came with the spoiler, hood scoops and side scoops from the 35th Anniversary '99 GT and the Bullitt wheels came with the Premium GT package, which also got you leather seats and the Mach 460 stereo. As I recall, our Bullitt shifter knob was also copied out of the 35th Anniversary car. And now, I believe our side scoop delete panels are on the factory V-6 Mustangs for '02, isn't that right?

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
You know what they say: imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

TB #570

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-28 15:01, Chalmers2212 wrote:
The side scoops(covered that is)are not on the 02 V6. Only on the Bullitt, of course you can get after market covers.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Mr. T said the same thing so it must be true. :wink:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts