Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
01 Bullitt, 00 Saleen, 18 GT350, 01 Lightning
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

Just purchased this 2001 Bullitt from it's original owner. It has 79k miles on it and in overall good shape. It is stock and has been up kept, but driven over the years.

I am looking forward to having it in my lineup and updating some areas of the car that need some attention. Here is a short list to start.

• New shocks/struts/springs
  • New Brakes all around
  • New 3rd brake light
  • New smooth side skirt pieces (dont want to risk breaking a new set)
  • New Headlights (not a fan of the clear ones)
  • Looking to do the 17x10 rears (best place to buy ones that match?)
  • Paint correction.

It does fit right in with the rest of the family along side the '00 Saleen, '18 GT350, and the '01Lightning.

Thanks!

·
Car Whisperer
21,138 Posts
Welcome aboard and nice car!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,892 Posts
Nice find! Congratulations. And Welcome to IMBOC from Kentucky! Your about 3 hrs North of me.

Reactions: jsmithgt350

·
Registered
42 Posts
Welcome! Now I know what clear lights look like on the Bullitt- I actually quite like the look though I just purchased a set of new factory black ones to replace the pitted ones on mine to keep with the original look

·
Administrator
6,416 Posts
Very nice!!

·
Registered
575 Posts
I'd be interested in knowing if you find an oem third brake light for under $160. Mine has needed replacing for years, but I never found a used piece that didn't have some amount of fading/crazing & when I started looking for oem lights a couple years ago, most were priced above $200. I'm kicking myself for not getting an extra one when New Edges were still "new."

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey everyone!

Just purchased this 2001 Bullitt from it's original owner. It has 79k miles on it and in overall good shape. It is stock and has been up kept, but driven over the years.

I am looking forward to having it in my lineup and updating some areas of the car that need some attention. Here is a short list to start.

• New shocks/struts/springs
  • New Brakes all around
  • New 3rd brake light
  • New smooth side skirt pieces (dont want to risk breaking a new set)
  • New Headlights (not a fan of the clear ones)
  • Looking to do the 17x10 rears (best place to buy ones that match?)
  • Paint correction.

It does fit right in with the rest of the family along side the '00 Saleen, '18 GT350, and the '01Lightning.

View attachment 78748
View attachment 78749
View attachment 78750

Thanks!
Nice Bullitt. I recently purchased a 2001 too. #4765. Has 65,000 miles. I have the black one. All original except the exhaust. Previous owner put the Flowmaster system on. I would prefer the original. Maybe someday I will switch it back to original.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice Bullitt. I recently purchased a 2001 too. #4765. Has 65,000 miles. I have the black one. All original except the exhaust. Previous owner put the Flowmaster system on. I would prefer the original. Maybe someday I will switch it back to original.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Very nice addition to the stable - congrats!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome! Now I know what clear lights look like on the Bullitt- I actually quite like the look though I just purchased a set of new factory black ones to replace the pitted ones on mine to keep with the original look
These look like cheapy aftermarket ones. I already replaced them with some tinted ones as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'd be interested in knowing if you find an oem third brake light for under $160. Mine has needed replacing for years, but I never found a used piece that didn't have some amount of fading/crazing & when I started looking for oem lights a couple years ago, most were priced above $200. I'm kicking myself for not getting an extra one when New Edges were still "new."
I ended up with a regular LED repop from LMR just to get it replaced. I may look into seeing if the original one will sand and polish out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice! I am trying to pick up a low mile oem Mach 1 catback system to replace this one. Its seen better days and I don't really want to go loud aftermarket.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I ended up with a regular LED repop from LMR just to get it replaced. I may look into seeing if the original one will sand and polish out.
I did some research & talked with a couple local owners who went the sand/polish route & the consensus is that it will start crazing again within a year or two.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts