Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't think I'd live to be 45, let alone be married that long. But here we are...

On 27 June 1975 Cindy & I both said "I do" in the courthouse of Reno, Nevada. Neither of us had a clue what the following years would bring.

Never big on large celebrations, we just had a nice dinner at a restaurant we like that overlooks Foster reservoir lake, where we used to dinghy sail. Great prime rib...

Even managed to indulge in a little bit of "car guy" talk with a guy there who had his nicely done '64 Falcon sprint in the parking lot...done well, it was running the right stuff. well built 302, suspension bits, 9" rear end, 4 speed. Nice metallic blue paint with no stripes. Great work on the upholstery. Just a really sweet ride. Ahhh, nostalgia. He probably wasn't alive when his car left the factory. Nice to know the beat goes on.

A beautiful summer evening. Everybody smiling, happy to just be out in semi normalcy.

Yes, we were both well aware of being in the high risk Chinese flu group. Sometimes, you just have a need to take a risk. That was us last night.

·
Premium Member
5,684 Posts
:D 49 yrs back in May. Paul, glad y’all got out for a bit. Congratulations 🎈🎉🎊

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
37,147 Posts
Wow, 45 years. CONGRATULATIONS! Pearl and I have made it through 32 and counting. We'll never catch you and Cindy, but we'll keep riding the roller coaster as long as the Good Lord lets us. Only five more until you hit gold! Go for it!

I thought Cindy spelled her name "Cindi..." ? :confused:

·
Premium Member
13,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually Cynthia...silly story there. Named by her Aunt. Her Aunt liked the name of Bing Crosby's wife of the time.

Cindy for short...still signs Cynthia for legal stuff.

Thanks everybody!

·
37,147 Posts
Congratulations, my parent's were married 68 years when Dad left us. Next month, Mom will have her 99th birthday, the good Lord willing.
Be safe and well.
Wow, 68 years! And 99! May she stay with us well into her triple digits! I have a dear aunt that left us last year at 96.

·
Premium Member
5,684 Posts
Reactions: pwd72s and Jimbob

·
37,147 Posts
:D Maybe! COVID-19 suppressed all plans this year. Who knows bout 2012 #50 0:)
You dang near gave me a heart attack, Sodbuster! I thought I'd somehow slipped back through time. Then I figured it out. You inverted numbers --- you meant 2021. Right?

:surprise:

·
Premium Member
5,684 Posts
:D DUH!! Yeah I did!>:) Thanks for pointing that out. You don’t miss a trick.

You dang near gave me a heart sttack! I thought I'd somehow slipped back through time. Then I figured it out. You inverted numbers --- you meant 2021. Right? :surprise:

Reactions: Jimbob
1 - 14 of 14 Posts