Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after a LONGGGGG wait, my new 3650 arrived and was put in. For those who don't remember my problems, let me refresh your memory: Clunking in the drivetrain, would get locked out of second gear when cold.

With the new tranny no more CLUNK, I do sometimes get a "clack", But it's not even close to the sound it was making previously! Sounds like backlash in the driveline. I'm not getting locked out of second anymore. So all in all, it's way better than it was, but I'd still like to loose the "clack."

Anyone try an Aluminum driveshaft to get rid of the clack? I'm considering it...for more reasons than just that... :smile:

2800 mi, and still enjoying every one!

Paul

·
Registered
543 Posts
Paul, my drivetrain feels and sounds clucky as well. I don't get locked out of any gears like you had. The worse is 4th to 5th going between 40 and 50 MPH. I was thinking the same thing as you with respect to the aluminum driveshaft. It might be better balanced and solve the problem? I am to the point where I am ready to try it. My 94 GT was never this clunky.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm just thinking less inertia spinning around back there...maybe it'll help. I seem to remember somebody trying it and it working.

my 88 TurboCoupe with 115k mi doesn't clunk or clack...and it's seen better days. I don't know what Ford or Tremec's problem is.

Paul

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
welcome back paul
several guys have put on the Ford Racing alum. driveshaft and they all agree it was a good mod!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts