Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my baby in before 12000 since the brakes felt like they were out of round and I've heard that if it's before 12000 they'll do pretty much anything for free. We'll see.

But the other part, I'm having them check out the engine clatter, and the 1st-2nd crunch. Last word is they're checking out my syncros. Told them if it comes down to replacing or repairing i want it replaced. He said that's their policy too.

Interesting note, my brother in law has a 2000 GT with the T45, and he said his did the same thing, the crunching. They replaced his and it was fine. So my question is this: what the hell is Tremec's problem that they can make such a stellar tranny in the T56 and all their other stuff can't even perform on a basic level. The T5 may not have been perfect, but it was quiet and never gave me probs.

Also, regarding the T56, someone was mentioning how dealer's get $4000 to replace trannies. Can someone verify this? Cause using $2500 for a new T56 and $1000 for labor is sounding like a damn good deal. Hell, Ford would even save $500.

Last thing, the engine clatter, they said they still don't know. My bet is they still won't when I get the thing back. They want it till Monday, which sucks a*s since I dropped it off last Monday.

2001 DHG Bullit #4719
Densecharger
1995 Laser Red GT
K&N Filter

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gibscreen on 2002-01-18 14:32 ]</font>

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So they've had my car for a week, and i talk to the service guy yesterday. I had already told him that if it came down to a repair, i'd want to replace the tranny. He said that was their policy too.

Well now homeboy says the syncros for 2nd and 3rd are messed up and need to be replaced--correct me if i'm wrong but isn't this a repair? He says they only replace if it's 70% damaged. But I tell him my point is why the hell are the syncros gone at 11000 miles? Doesn't that mean that whatever's causing the syncros to take a dump will just cause it again in another 11000? He didn't seem to have an answer for that one.

I've got a call into the service manager. Cause this is turning into serious bullsh*t. I didn't spend $25k to get a half-assed repair on a brand new car.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wish these b*stards would get their stories straight. Now homeboy is saying that they wanted to put a new tranny in but they're on world back order. I believe the back order part, but he's full of crap about wanting to put a new one in. So now they replaced the syncros and they're waiting on a "Blocker" which he says is an internal part of the tranny. Anyone know what this does?

On another note, I proposed my T56 swap, and he said they're not allowed to do anything like that because it will take it out of warranty. But you know what, if i get my car back and it's still clunking, they're gonna just have to seriously consider making an exception.

Last, they're gonna replace the seat frame and rails for the driver seat shifting forward and back.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm seriously reconsidering my loyalty to ford. i love the mustang, but good god almighty, they've had my car for a week and a half with barely any communication and very little in the way of real solutions. Looks like I'm gonna have to start saving money for my BMW M5. Cause this sucks ass.

Sorry I keep posting, but it's just my way of venting. Thx for listening guys.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally got my car back after 2.5 weeks, and guess what--

THE TRANSMISSION IS ACTUALLY WORSE!

Before I took it in, it crunched for maybe 5 mins until it got warm, and now it does it all the time. Or at least so far. Every once in a while I'll get a smooth shift.

So I was talkin to the service guy after i turned around to let them know (I'm not letting them have it again). He says "Can I be frank with you? We kinda knew the problem was still there." He says they were on the phone with ford engineers, and they're all baffled.

So I then bring up my T56 solution, and he said that transmission is actually cheaper than the 3650. CHEAPER! This is so ridiculous. They have a solution sitting right there under their nose, one that will make us even shut our mouths because we'll be getting an upgrade, and they're sitting on their thumbs. Friggin stupid. But I suppose I shouldn't expect much from a company that has to "develop" a clear plastic label for our ID sticker.

I don't know man, I used to think Ford was okay. And I can even understand having some mechanical probs. But for god's sake, if there's an easy solution, DO IT! And if it's cheaper, what in the hell are you waiting for?

So here's what I'm thinking. I just became a lawyer last month. I think my first case should be a class action against these putzes. And then we can settle out of court for T56s (and attorney fees for me of course). Sound good?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts