Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, with 750 miles on her, she finally got a chance to flex her retromuscles. :grin: I came off I-295 in NJ following a '96-'98 GT hardtop (nice car too; sounded like 2 chamber flows and maybe a few more bolt-ons). The guy was looking in his rearview at me and when he turned the corner at the top of the ramp (onto an empty 4 lane road...I don't race unless it's safe for a good 1/2 mile), he got on it full-tilt. I quick flicked off the TC and laid on it in first gear, smoking the tires a little and getting a little sideways. By this time, he was a good 5-7 carlengths ahead of me (we didn't line up, I was already behind), but I hit second (with a satisfying bark from the rear rubber :grin: ) and wound that out. By the time I hit 3rd, I was right at his back bumper. I stayed on it, and pulled him by 4-5 carlengths before letting off at 75mph (coming up on RR tracks...). I slowed up to catch the next light and talk to the guy. He was pretty cool (even though I just handed him his @ss :grin: :grin: :grin: ). Turns out his car was a '98, stock with flows and a K&N. Ran pretty good for 225 hp. But the way I walked him, I can definately attest to the fact that we have more than 265 hp! We talked until the light turned green, then we both chirped 1st and I chirped 2nd as I turned off to head to my house.

I'm glad some people can be good losers. I know I always am (read: will be when I get MY butt kicked by an LS-1) :grin:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts