Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 368 Posts

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Some of our new members may not be aware that they need to get their 4th sticker from Ford. Here is the TSB. Take this to your Ford dealer parts department and ask them to get it for you. There is no cost involved. You need to get this soon. At some point they will be lost.

Originally there were 3 stickers printed for each Bullitt, two went on the car and one Ford kept in a sealed mason jar buried at Ford headquarters. (at least thats the rumor).

After production was under way Ford discovered the ink would rub off the shock tower sticker when exposed to cleaning products or just water and a rag. So they had a 4th sticker for each car made. This sticker has a protective film over it to prevent the loss of the number. Hence the 4th sticker nomenclature.

AUTHENTICITY STICKER DAMAGE
SOME 2001 BULLITT MUSTANG MAY HAVE THE LETTERING COME OFF THE BULLITT AUTHENTICITY STICKER THAT IS FOUND ON THE DRIVER'S SIDE SHOCK TOWER. THIS MAY BE DUE TO THE USE OF CERTAIN CLEANING PRODUCTS. IF THIS DOES OCCUR OR THE STICKER IS DAMAGED IN ANY WAY, PLEASE CONTACT OUR SPECIAL SERVICE SUPPORT CENTER AT 1-800-325-5621 TO OBTAIN ONE (1) REPLACEMENT STICKER. THIS STICKER WILL NOT BE RELEASED FOR SERVICE AT A LATER DATE. THEREFORE, THIS WILL BE THE ONLY STICKER PROVIDED. DEALER WILL NEED TO PROVIDE THE VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (VIN Vehicle Identification Number), BULLITT STICKER # AND REFERENCE THIS SSM # AT THIS TIME. THIS SERVICE CENTER CAN BE CONTACTED M-F 7:30AM-7:30PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME (EST) AND SAT. 8:00AM-5:00PM .

____________________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE 9/4/2018 - this replaces the original contact information and process for obtaining a replacement sticker

Posted in "Bullitt Owners and Friends" Facebook group on 8/29/2018 by Matt Korczyk

"Hey everyone- Let me preface this by saying, I work in the Ford Performance info center.
I see there has been a lot of confusion, frustration, and misinformation lately regarding the replacement ID stickers for the 2001 Bullitts. There was an SSM back in the day that allowed dealerships to request a replacement sticker. It appears that a few people have been able to get their stickers that way still, but it is not the proper way anymore. Frankly we are surprised that they even have any stickers anymore.
Years later, the remaining stickers made their way to us in the info center. We are the group that handles production numbers, certificates of authenticity, etc so it was a natural fit for us to take it over.
The best process to get a replacement sticker is as follows-
Call us at 800-367-3788 (or email me directly, [email protected]) and let us know your VIN. We will then ask for a dealership contact. We will reach out to the dealership contact to let them know what’s going on. The dealer will be informed that they are going to receive the sticker and that they are to install it on the car. It’s a very painfree process.
The reason that we want the dealership to install the sticker is so that the stickers are used for their correct and original purpose- to identity the vehicle. By having the sticker present on the car, it aids in keeping the authenticity and rarity of the cars intact, and helps fight clones.
Please remember, we may not have the replacement sticker, especially if you’re not the original owner. Chances are good that we DO still have it, but some have been sent out already."

·
Premium Member
18,830 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
...There is no coat involved...<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
Coat?

What coat?

Must be warm outside?

The "a" key is adjacent to the the "s" key.

Must be a beer(s) thing.

:idea:

Seriously, Droopy brings a good point to the table. Get the replacement hologram asap. It will be just a matter of time until the replacement holograms get stuffed in mason jars and buried under Bill Ford's back porch never to be seen (or available) again, imho.

:nerd:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Got my third. Wasn't aware there was a fourth. My replacement was only 4 digits.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Yep, I requested it, and they said they hadn't recieved it yet. Then I went in a couple weeks later, and they said they gave it to my brother (I have two sisters, no brothers), then I talked to another guy at the same place and they said they had mailed it out. Finally, after all those idiots got fired (not related to me that I know of), I talked to someone competent who tried to order one for me, but was told it was already sent out by Ford. Then, the place shut it doors down a month ago.:(

·
Registered
181 Posts
I just called my local ford dealer and they were a little lost. I have to call them back on monday, he said he sould have some info by then.

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
ribo68 said:
Got my third. Wasn't aware there was a fourth. My replacement was only 4 digits.
Explaination. There are/were 3 stickers produced for each car. The first two went onto the car. third was kept by Ford. After it was discovered there was a problem with the ink on the original stickers, Ford issued the SSB and printed a new run of stickers. This is the sticker you get as a replacement.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Print the info from Droopys first post and take it to the parts dept. of your Ford dealer.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,068 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
Whether the one they issued is called the 3rd or 4th sticker doesn't really matter.
Yes, PY said there is a difference and he is the sticker expert! :tongue:

·
Former Owner of 2001 DHG1557
840 Posts
If we already got the 3rd (or should I call it 4th) sticker, can we also get the 4th (or should I say 3rd) sticker too so we have all 4 of them produced, the 2 on the car and the 2 they are holding. If Bill is just going to put them in a jar and bury them, why not send them to the loyal Bullitt owners. Has anybody got 4 stickers yet or have they limited them to only 3?

Lee

·
Premium Member
18,830 Posts
ZBullitt said:
Has anybody got 4 stickers yet or have they limited them to only 3?
I have all 4 stickers.

Just kidding.

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ZBullitt said:
If we already got the 3rd (or should I call it 4th) sticker, can we also get the 4th (or should I say 3rd) sticker too so we have all 4 of them produced, the 2 on the car and the 2 they are holding. If Bill is just going to put them in a jar and bury them, why not send them to the loyal Bullitt owners. Has anybody got 4 stickers yet or have they limited them to only 3?

Lee
I think it was explained that Ford is going to hold on to the last sticker for verification purposes. As far as we know there is no way to get the last sticker.

·
Premium Member
18,830 Posts
TwoStangWmn said:
Yes, PY said there is a difference and he is the sticker expert! :tongue:
The replacement hologram from Ford has a protective coating to protect the ink and it has fewer digits (elimination of zeros in front of the Bullitt number) for example 03875 reads 3875.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I just ordered mine through the dealer. The dealer, of course, is trying to find a way to charge me for it though. He looked up the TSB and says "it doesn't say anything about it being free". So he's gonna check with his "people" on Monday and will let me know. Is there anything in writing I can print out and take to him to show it's free?

1 - 20 of 368 Posts