Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my car in for service and they did a fine job. They wanted to give an "extra" bit of service by detailing my car, even my enginge bay. Wow, I thought, at first, no one has touched my engine bay since I have owned the car, new, off the lot. Lo and behold the well intended peeps used a solvent to wipe across the sticker and friggin removed 00688 from the sticker. I almost got sick to my stomach and wanted to yell. They did a great job of detailing the bay but now I poop out of luck on the original sticker.

Can anybody send me the TSB link for the 4th sticker? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Ichibanbullitt

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
In the Bullitt Archive:

AUTHENTICITY STICKER DAMAGE
SOME 2001 BULLITT MUSTANG MAY HAVE THE LETTERING COME OFF THE BULLITT AUTHENTICITY STICKER THAT IS FOUND ON THE DRIVER'S SIDE SHOCK TOWER. THIS MAY BE DUE TO THE USE OF CERTAIN CLEANING PRODUCTS. IF THIS DOES OCCUR OR THE STICKER IS DAMAGED IN ANY WAY, PLEASE CONTACT OUR SPECIAL SERVICE SUPPORT CENTER AT 1-800-325-5621 TO OBTAIN ONE (1) REPLACEMENT STICKER. THIS STICKER WILL NOT BE RELEASED FOR SERVICE AT A LATER DATE. THEREFORE, THIS WILL BE THE ONLY STICKER PROVIDED. DEALER WILL NEED TO PROVIDE THE VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (VIN), BULLITT STICKER # AND REFERENCE THIS SSM # AT THIS TIME. THIS SERVICE CENTER CAN BE CONTACTED M-F 7:30AM-7:30PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME (EST) AND SAT. 8:00AM-5:00Pm

I would take this to the parts dept.

·
Banned
978 Posts
ichibanbullitt said:
...used a solvent to wipe across the sticker and friggin removed 00688 from the sticker.
:faint: :faint:
:faint: :faint:

FYI...the replacement hologram (sticker) has a protective coating to prevent this from happening.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found it, prinited it and faxed it. Bartow Ford in Florida....nice guys but totally dumbfounded by this. Hope they pull thru. thanks guys.

I told the service manager that no one has ever been under her hood, to clean, in the 6 years since I have owned her and the first time her image is smeared.... :)

Ichibanbullitt

·
Registered
722 Posts
Bah, it's the thought that counts, right? :lol:

·
Car Whisperer
20,881 Posts
get ahold of Matt, he can get it for you over there.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Not cleaned in SIX years, clean mine everytime I wash the car! Numbers gone though. Don't think i could get a new one in the UK.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No.....I clean mine every time I wash it...I mean by anybody else. Sorry...that came out wrong.

Guys...they said since I received my 3rd FORD does not have any more!!!! HELP!!! I need some assistance here...

Ichibanbullitt

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh....................I thought a 4th was available for some reason. Yup, I have the third, framed on my wall....not coming out---I hope.

Crud.

Neil

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
Neil,
The "third" one you have is actually the fourth. Ford originally had three made...2 for the car and one to hold on to. When the ink started wiping off, they had the company redo a 4th sticker with a protective coating on it. That is the one they sent out when the dealer used the SSM. The actual third one is locked away to never be seen. Looks like you will have to pull the one off the wall if you want a good one on your shock tower.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ah-so Kamikazi-san. :) (Kamikazi= "wind God).

Yeah, I read your reply on another post....Oh well. I will live with it.

Arigato, Ichiban-bullitt....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts