Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OH MY FREAKIN' GORD!!! Is the 4V conversion all that dificult?? What are all the parts needed. I'm about to buy the complete heads and manifolds, upper and lower intake w/throttle body, timing chain and cover, and wiring harness. Other than the fule rails and injectors, what else do I need, and IS IT REALLY THAT DIFICULT? Please respond A.S.A.P

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
He found a really good deal on 4V heads/intake/harness and wanted to know if he could adapt them to his stock bottom end. The price is much much much less than an entire engine would be. I think the auction has ended already, but would still be good info to know for anyone else that might be looking into the swap. I know the blocks are both 4.6's, just have different heads, but I'm also curious if you could just bolt them on, and plug in the harness for the 4 valve heads, or if the computer would also have to be replaced, any extra sensors that need to be bought, etc.

·
Registered
618 Posts
You will need the complete top end. All fuel rails, injectors, wiring harnesses, COPs, etc. If you keep the 2v ECU you will have to do some splicing, if you use a 4v ECU you will need to have PATS disabled or reprogrammed for your car since it will be linked to a previous set of keys and car. This is why most people recommend buying a complete 4v setup. I have a Mach 1 motor sitting in the shed that I have to decide to install or sell.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Ahhh yes. The supercharged 5.4. Very nice

·
Registered
543 Posts
How much would you let that 4v go for, Chris? Military discount?? lol

·
Registered
618 Posts
Graves said:
How much would you let that 4v go for, Chris? Military discount?? lol
For what I've got into it. Which is a pretty good deal for this motor complete. I bought it, but I'm going another route right now. I'm still up in the air with my 01 right now. I would really like an 09 B, not sure if it is going to happen or not so I am waiting for that. Either way, I'm not installing the Mach 1 motor. I was going to part it out to make shipping easier for someone wanting to do a 4v conversion.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Yes the biggest issues the CPU. Most people just buy the Mach and have it reprogramed. But u also have to buy a whole new ignition with keys

·
Registered
618 Posts
OGBATMAN said:
Yes the biggest issues the CPU. Most people just buy the Mach and have it reprogramed. But u also have to buy a whole new ignition with keys
You can take the ECU to a tuner and have PATS disabled. Or if you can find someone in your area who has the necessary hardware you can have PATS reprogrammed.

·
Registered
543 Posts
fromthecoast said:
For what I've got into it. Which is a pretty good deal for this motor complete. I bought it, but I'm going another route right now. I'm still up in the air with my 01 right now. I would really like an 09 B, not sure if it is going to happen or not so I am waiting for that. Either way, I'm not installing the Mach 1 motor. I was going to part it out to make shipping easier for someone wanting to do a 4v conversion.

I'd be interested in it complete. I'm still up in the air abot which motor to go with, though. (termie,navi,or mach)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I'm still all about getting the 4V engine from you if you are willing to sell it. I did not know about the COP's and the ECU. Thanks for the info. contact me if we can work something out ok.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Graves said:
I'd be interested in it complete. I'm still up in the air abot which motor to go with, though. (termie,navi,or mach)
If it were up to me I would naturally go with the complete termi motor. I think they are around 4k-ish for the complete package. It's more money up front, but you get forged internals and a blower right out of the box. After that would be the Mach motor, Navi motor wouldn't be bad either but I think it is a little more work. If the price is right it's not bad.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well true the Terminator motor is one of the best motors Ford ever put in a mustang, and from what I can see on e-bay and around the net they Terminator motors are not 4k they are more like 6-9k. There is one on right now for 3,550k.
UP FOR SALE IS MY COMPLETE MOTOR/TRANS SWAP FROM AN 03 COBRA. "I HAVE ALL OF THE FOLLOWING. MOTOR W/ALL ACCESSORIES, T56 SIX SPEED TRANS WITH BELL/CLUTCH ASSEMBLY, HYDRO BOOST ASSEMBLY, EXHAUST, ALL WIRING INCUDING THE BODY HARNESS FROM THE CAR, HEAT EXCHANGER PUMP AND LINES, NOT PICTURED---FULL FACTORY K MEMBER WITH A-ARMS,POWER STEERING RACK,SPRINGS. I PICKED THIS UP FOR A COMPLETE SWAP AND UNFORTUNATLEY MY PLANS HAVE CHANGED. I DO NOT HAVE THE GAUGE CLUSTER OR THE COMPUTER. THESE ITEMS ARE SOLD AREADY AND LONG GONE." Not a bad thing if I didn't have to drive or pay for shipping. I could buy the motor, but I don't have the money to ship it. This has got to be one of the best deals I've ever seen on a Terminator motor, and I can't get it. oh 14hr's left on the bid

·
Registered
618 Posts
Yeah, that's pretty pricey.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts