Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

5.0 article on the Bullitt intake - A MUST READ !!

645 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Mus408 
#1 ·
This is the second time that I have read an article saying that the Bullitt intake was worth some big hp #'s on a moded GT. So according to this our Bullitt's will get bigger gains from mods than a GT would from the same stuff.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2002-01-17 22:48 ]</font>

#2 ·
is the new 5.0 out? i didn't get it in the mail yet.
i heard they were going to do a piece on the intake, how's the article?

#4 ·
ok, my 5.0 was in the mailbox when i got home.
no big surprises BUT they tested it on Jimmy Vaccaro's 99 GT with a supercharger on it!!!
i recomend the article(and the magazine) to all of you once again!!
i wish they had also run tests with a NA (naturally aspirated) GT, but they didn't. The gains are huge with a blower!!!
bottom line is that the Bullitt intake that we had all hoped would develope at least 275 HP is exactly what a Ford modular motor needs,.....ESPECIALLY if you plan to run a Supercharger or a Turbo!! the more air & fuel forced into this engine,..the better the Bullitt intake performs compared to stock & other set-ups!!
1 comment made on the bottom of page 142 is that with the Bullitt intake coming in 2 pieces, they think that porting and/or Extrude & Hone will take the performance up another notch.
some of you guys that have been around from the beginning will remember that the racers i met out of Detroit that are sponsored by Village Ford and Ford Racing told me(us) this last summer. 5.0 & Super Ford believe it will make a difference too!!
this makes me salivate when i think of Paul Svinicki's upcoming intake & chip package for our Bullitts!!!

once again, this magazine puts it's money where it's mouth is and is already testing the Bullitt intake!!!

let's hope they continue to do articles on the Bullitt and it's parts!!
drop them a line or email and let them know we appreciate it AND what we want to see in the future!!

Steve Turner(Editor) @
50mailbag@primediacmmg.com

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2002-01-17 22:47 ]</font>

#5 ·
The article was the same as the one in MM&FF magazine,but a bit more in-depth. I guess when you are owned by the same pubishing group,you share the same stories.But it was a good look at how the intake performs. I would like to see a Bullitt setup tested on an engine dyno,in N/A form,with various bolt ons,and head and cam work. Latest issue of MM&FF,has some GREAT info. on a performance valve and spring combo for the 99 up 2V engines!The guy that did this piece,David Vizard,goes to great lengths,to give good info.

#8 ·
i've never cared for MM & FF
i really like all the "How To" articles in 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords...all a matter of preference i guess

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.