Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Car Whisperer
20,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Article in the latest 5.0 has 9mm's Bullitt and 08 comparison. Actually a little surprised at some of the comments that were not as kind to the 01. He obviously liked the 08.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
Tim,
I wouldn't say he wasn't kind, but as someone such as himself that has no tie to either car, the '08 was a better car.

·
Registered
250 Posts
If nothing else, he based it upon what he knew and the impressions he got from both cars, as stated above that he had no ties to the 01. I've read about the 08 and seen the pictures and the videos, but I will be honest even though it looks great and I'd love to have one, it just doesn't "grab" me the way the 01 did. I don't know why, but it just doesn't. Again, for those of you who are lucky enough to get a 08 I'll be very jealous so congrats !!!

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
You are right, it doesn't grab me the way the '01 does. But having driven both cars I would choose the '08 for performance and driveability. The '01 still wins for the Mojo!

·
Car Whisperer
20,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
9mmBullitt said:
Tim,
I wouldn't say he wasn't kind, but as someone such as himself that has no tie to either car, the '08 was a better car.
I guess you're right, still was surprised by some of what he said. Most of the mustang writers liked the 01 and it showed in their comments.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
BaknBlk said:
If nothing else, he based it upon what he knew and the impressions he got from both cars, as stated above that he had no ties to the 01. I've read about the 08 and seen the pictures and the videos, but I will be honest even though it looks great and I'd love to have one, it just doesn't "grab" me the way the 01 did. I don't know why, but it just doesn't. Again, for those of you who are lucky enough to get a 08 I'll be very jealous so congrats !!!
When the 2001 Bullitt came out,it was something really different and cool from a bunch of Mustang engineers. That's what got my attention.
So the 2008 is a rerun of the same idea,not as original,but built on a better platform....Ford dribbled out a little more HP.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Yea it looks good but ford still has not sold me on the new 05-08 body IMO... Its like going from a 69 Mach 1 to a big body 71....:indiffer: :bullitt:

·
Car Whisperer
20,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
stripnzinc said:
Yea it looks good but ford still has not sold me on the new 05-08 body IMO... Its like going from a 69 Mach 1 to a big body 71....:indiffer: :bullitt:
Good analogy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts