Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read it......Simply the best write up so far on both cars....especially the Bullitt!! A keeper!!! Shows the Bullitt could have had better tires.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2001-10-19 16:44 ]</font>

·
Registered
959 Posts
Yes, it was well done and objective. The torque of the Bullitt engine was well explained.

Shows the real character of the 2V and 4V motors.

Brian

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Got mine Tuesday night in the mail
i couldn't agree more. it's fair, unbiased, and very professional
it points out the strengths and weaknesses of BOTH cars and tells us exactly what we'd like to know as Bullitt owners!! gives us matching HP and Torque charts along with time and distance comparisons on 1/4 mile runs!!
i recommend EVERY Bullitt owner pick up this issue. it's the best article yet!!!!!!

(Mus408, i apologize to you in advance but i was so excited by the article that i added "MUST READ" to your header...if you don't like it...let me know and i'll remove it!)
2001 Bullitt DHG #648
Ford Racing Alum. Driveshaft
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter, K & N Filter,
MGW LTD-All custom Satin Bullitt Bits & Pieces

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2001-10-19 16:46 ]</font>

·
Registered
762 Posts
I'm envious I won't be getting my copy until December if I'm lucky.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Hey Arthur!!! good to "see" you!!
how have you been?
see you've finally got a little time for yourself again!

·
Registered
762 Posts
It's good to be back Marty. I'm won't be so busy until my turn to go comes up again so I'll be able to add some thoughts here and there to the forum. Stay safe
Arthur

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I got mine in the mail about a week ago and have just about worn it out reading it over and over.
Plan on picking up a copy to keep pristine....
Thinking about possibly framing it....

·
Registered
287 Posts
I bought and read it this morning...yep, well written!

I had to snicker at the Cobra's non-functional rear wing.

That's what I like about my Bullitt...it's differences are subtle but still noticable. I think the reviewers had the same opinion.

Scott D.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Great article! I liked the photo on the cover plus the comment, " With it's polished wheels, wing and loud yellow paint, you'd think the Cobra would have hogged all the attention". We know better, the Bullitt is the looker! :smile:

·
Registered
24 Posts
The reason this story is so good is because it was written by Tom Wilson who was the editor of Super Ford magazine for 9 years--an amazing run in the fickle world of car magazines. I had the pleasure of working with Tom as a feature/tech editor on SF for the final year and a half of the magazine before it was merged together with 5.0 Mustang. In fact, the final August 2000 cover of Super Ford (if anyone remembers or cares) is a shot of a car being jumped and it was my ex-CHP '90 LX coupe that I used to own--a mid 12-second car that was powered by a TFS-headed 347.

Anyway, Tom has been writing about all things Ford for at least the past 12 years and if he says the Bullitt is a cool car than you be rest assured that it's true. The 5.0 staff has really turned the book into a great title and I'm glad to see it doing well. It'd be great if people here wrote to 5.0 commending the story. And by the way, we did a nice cover story in our Oct. 2001 issue not too long ago as well. Take a look at that one, too.

Thanks

Miles Cook
Technical Editor
Mustang Monthly Magazine

·
Registered
151 Posts
It is a great article. It shows each Stang has it's place. The great part is the Bullitt beats the Cobra in so many areas of "normal" driving. The numbers are astounding and accurate. The staff at 5.0 really seemed to favor the Bullitt and I can't say I blame them. I had a 98 Cobra and I loved it but I have to say I love my Bullitt much more. It is a lot more fun to drive, gets more looks and comments and a gives a better kick in the pants ride!

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Miles, thanks for the insight and comments and we appreciate your visits here to our website!!
any comments or thoughts you'd like to share are ALWAYS welcome!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts