Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what are everyones plans tommorrow?

i dont plan on being coherant enough to come in here and type so i thought id do it now lol

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Working tomorrow and Sunday. Off Monday and Tuesday, then back for three more days. Good news is I am going on a Church Leaders retreat Friday and Saturday of next week. I think it involves tempting the revenge of the hangover God on Friday night while playing cards, meeting and greeting other Church Leaders... It did last year, and was worth the price of admission. BYOB. ;-)

·
Registered
923 Posts
Getting on a cruise ship and thinking about anything except work...

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
going to a car show about 3 blocks from my house, not taking the Bullitt.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Work. Double Daves pizza at lunch though!

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
baseball , my 12 year old sons team is playing at 2pm , then shopping for a new stove and dishwasher ( what fun , here I come sears ) and then the ranger game tonite at 7pm and more baseball....

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
texasbullitt said:
baseball , my 12 year old sons team is playing at 2pm , then shopping for a new stove and dishwasher ( what fun , here I come sears ) and then the ranger game tonite at 7pm and more baseball....
Just did the built in oven/ cook top thing in our kitchen. I went on line and figured out what we (she) wanted and got some good pricing. Then called the store (Home Depot) to see if they would do any better. No? Maybe Lowe's can help me out. "OK, Mister. Get their price then see us, we'll beat them." Then I went to Sears and gave them the Lowe's price. They beat Lowe's by 10%. Then went back to Lowe's since they were nicer to me and gave them the Sears price. They dropped the store price and undercut Sears by about $100. Is it worth the hassle? It wasn't hard, and Mary Elaine has a very nice oven instead of a make-do model for the same price...

Bottom line:
If Momma isn't happy, nobody's happy! And right now she's very happy!:smile:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Mr.BULLITT said:
So what are everyones plans tommorrow?

i dont plan on being coherant enough to come in here and type so i thought id do it now lol
We did the annual rite of spring in New England-The ceremonial first mowing of the lawn. We also did some other lawn related stuff-I hate yardwork-put myself through school (A long time ago) doing landscape work.

Looking at this thread I am envious of those of you who are from locales where there seem to a bunch of other Bullitt owners. Seems like Texas & Florida (& Cali) have a lot, at least on this board. I honestly can't remember when I last saw a Bullitt up here. It would be cool to be able to get together with others who suffer from our disease....JR
:cool:

BTW-Mr.BULLITT-did you survive your cinco de Mayo festivities?

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Well there is a cure. Come on down for the Nationals in June. I did them last year in San Fran. It was great! And there were several afflicted persons in attendance. Barring that, you can plan for and come to the Bullitt/Mach 1 Shootout next April (?), and come to that meeting. Or, come to both!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
DavidMidgley said:
Well there is a cure. Come on down for the Nationals in June. I did them last year in San Fran. It was great! And there were several afflicted persons in attendance. Barring that, you can plan for and come to the Bullitt/Mach 1 Shootout next April (?), and come to that meeting. Or, come to both!
Either one of those would be awesome, but a bit too far for me. I will take #0005 to events, but will limit them to occasional trips I can make within a few hundred miles. I am buying the car to drive & enjoy for sure, but I also understand I have a reponsibility to maintain the investment in the car. I'm thinking with the still low mileage (about 25k) and very low production # and possibly even the history (before me--nobody will care about my time with the car..lol) I should keep the long road trips to a minimum.
Hopefully there will be regional events out here once in a while. If the Nationals are held east of the Mississippi I would have to seriously consider going.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Iwant1 said:
We did the annual rite of spring in New England-The ceremonial first mowing of the lawn. We also did some other lawn related stuff-I hate yardwork-put myself through school (A long time ago) doing landscape work.

Looking at this thread I am envious of those of you who are from locales where there seem to a bunch of other Bullitt owners. Seems like Texas & Florida (& Cali) have a lot, at least on this board. I honestly can't remember when I last saw a Bullitt up here. It would be cool to be able to get together with others who suffer from our disease....JR

BTW-Mr.BULLITT-did you survive your cinco de Mayo festivities?
Hi Iwant1, I'm originally from Maine and I know what you mean. I used to build '57 Chevys and we only had one car show every year worth going to (Bonney Eagle). Here in Florida, it seems like we're having one every month!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
:wink:
KevTrish said:
Hi Iwant1, I'm originally from Maine and I know what you mean. I used to build '57 Chevys and we only had one car show every year worth going to (Bonney Eagle). Here in Florida, it seems like we're having one every month!
So true, so true! After Bonney Eagle it's all cruise nights in Maine, nothing else really to speak of. I guess it would be a pretty lame question to ask why you left Maine to go to Florida..LOL.
You sound like you've done what I have-Gone from old chevies to newer Ford. At the risk of hi-jacking this thread I'd be curious what your reasoning was for the change. Mine was this-I sold a '71 Z-28 (The last of 4 older Chevies I had restored)2 years ago to a person in Toronto and then went 2 years without a hot rod. It was killing me...Sooo, when we were ready financially to undertake another project I just got thinking about spending another 2 years restoring something, every spare moment and $20,000 into another car and ending up with a car that would get 10 mpg at best, not be as comfortable, etc....We then started looking at newer cars, and even though I grew up a Chevy guy I just don't like the late Camaros, plain & simple. I need the back seat occasionally so that ruled out a Vette. So that led me to look at 1999-2004 Mustangs. I happened across this website and immediately knew I had to have a Bullitt. At first I was thinking Black, I've always loved black cars, but when I saw #0005 at the top of the Steve's Used Car Lot page, I knew which one I wanted. So now I'll have a car that is ready to drive, will probably run a 12ish quarter mile, and still get mid 20's for mileage on trips with a/c and cruise & all that good stuff. Plus I beleive these cars will be among those that will end up being worth money someday. Bonus is that my wife supported the decision because she wont lose me in the garage for 2 years doing a resto...

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
kfengler said:
I went our annual ICMS Awareness Rally...

...not too sure how many bikes we had but last year there were close to 800.
You can see the bikes all the back and around the bend. This was when we were staging to head out onto the hiway!
Holy Cow that's a beautiful scene. What a great view for a ride or drive!

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Hey Guys, I have one for ya.

On 5-5-07 I became a grandfather for the first time.

AND ... the little guy's name is Enzo. (My son-in-law is a car nut too.)

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
PhotoRick said:
Hey Guys, I have one for ya.

On 5-5-07 I became a grandfather for the first time.

AND ... the little guy's name is Enzo. (My son-in-law is a car nut too.)

Now that is noteworthy!!!!!!
Congratulations on becoming a grandfather:clap: JR

1 - 20 of 28 Posts