Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I just picked up my 08 Bullitt on Saturday and I LOVE it!!. I come from an 01 civic, which I still have and use for a daily driver. While I love the civic for what it is, this car is simply amazing. I've already ordered an 8" shorty antenna, gt500 dead pedal, and the highland green mirror covers, rear decklid blackout panel and tailight trim. once that all gets put on I'd like to tint the windows and have a clear bra installed.

So, without further introduction....

After I drive it a while and get used to the difference in power and handling I'd like to change out the mufflers for the FR500s mufflers and maybe some headers. I have plenty to learn and can't wait to learn it!

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
1,488 Posts
:cool: Congrats. Since you have a DD, you're gonna have a hard time waiting til it's "Bullitt Time".....take it from one who knows.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
James, Welcome aboard hope you are enjoying the ride.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Aahhh... Another beautiful green Bullitt!
Welcome to the site.:smile:

:dhg08:

·
Premium Member
4,215 Posts
Welcome! I think you are catching the mod fever, it is very contagious. Post more pics when you have installed your first mods.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Congrats! I can't wait till you realize having the second car is a waste! You'll ALWAYS want to take the BULLITT!

:D

·
Registered
583 Posts
saintsfan84 said:
Hey all,

I just picked up my 08 Bullitt on Saturday and I LOVE it!!. I come from an 01 civic, which I still have and use for a daily driver. While I love the civic for what it is, this car is simply amazing. I've already ordered an 8" shorty antenna, gt500 dead pedal, and the highland green mirror covers, rear decklid blackout panel and tailight trim. once that all gets put on I'd like to tint the windows and have a clear bra installed.

So, without further introduction....

After I drive it a while and get used to the difference in power and handling I'd like to change out the mufflers for the FR500s mufflers and maybe some headers. I have plenty to learn and can't wait to learn it!

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.
Does the GT 500 come with a factory dead pedal? I want one that matches our stock pedals and the aftermarket ones are all a little different. Welcome and as far as the daily driver goes I just look at all the chips in the paint and windshield on mine and I am glad it isn't the Bullitt! I drive 400 miles a week in my DD and I would rather be in the Bullitt until I hear the cracks and thumps hitting the car from flying ?hit! P.S. 505 cool #!

·
Registered
718 Posts
saintsfan84 said:
I just picked up my 08 Bullitt on Saturday and I LOVE it!!. I come from an 01 civic, which I still have and use for a daily driver. While I love the civic for what it is, this car is simply amazing.
How could you?!? The Civic gets such good gas milage!!!

Congrats. Now drive it like you stole it!

Never look at gas prices again.
Just fill it up.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BUWITT 3158 said:
Does the GT 500 come with a factory dead pedal? I want one that matches our stock pedals and the aftermarket ones are all a little different. Welcome and as far as the daily driver goes I just look at all the chips in the paint and windshield on mine and I am glad it isn't the Bullitt! I drive 400 miles a week in my DD and I would rather be in the Bullitt until I hear the cracks and thumps hitting the car from flying ?hit! P.S. 505 cool #!
I felt the same way, it looks like the gt500 pedal will be a close match to what we already have. I'm not sure about if the gt500 has one from the factory or not. Hopefully I will be able to post some pictures this weekend if it comes in. It's a little different feeling when I 'get on it' though.

·
Registered
583 Posts
James where are getting the GT500 dead pedal from? I looked inside two GT500s and a KR and I didn't see a dead pedal. I checked Ford Racing website and found one for the pre 2005 cars. Do you have a part number for the pedal? Thanks Rich

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
New additions:

the dead pedal

By jjohann84, shot with EX-Z750 at 2009-03-28

The shorty antenna, 20% tint and mirror covers

the rear decklid blackout panel (the magnetic one)

black tailight trim and the removal of the dealership sticker

As far as the installation of the dead pedal, the instruction that come with it are pretty spot on. If you're more mechanically inclined than I am (which I bet everyone here is) you will have not much of a problem. My biggest problem was finding a 13mm wrench among all the mess of a storage shed. The pedal is slightly angled toward the left at the top. this can be adjusted however you so choose but that was a more comforatble position for me. also, please excuse the dirty carpeting. we had awesome rain/thunderstorms/whatever you call them last night and this was just after the install a couple hours ago.

the rear magnetic panel came rolled up. I laid it out last night underneath some items to flatten it out. I first tucked the panel under the faux gas cap and worked my way out. I popped the trunk and let our louisiana sun 'bake' the strip to a more malleable form. I had problems with the bottom left corner not wanted to stay, but after 20-30 min with the sun on it it straightened out and i was able to align it correctly.

the taillight trim was a snap, the hardest part was getting the taped backing off the 3m tape.

mirror covers & shorty antenna took about 32 seconds.

I'm not sure about my next 'mods' but I do like the black 'bullitt' style gas caps. I'll have to hold judgment. Some under the hood goodies i think shall be in order. strut caps for the bolts, maybe a fuse box and plenum cover.

then I'll updgrade to the big boys. KR mufflers, frpp shorty headers and a tune.

I can't get enough of the 'mean green'

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Don't forget boost!! hehe

·
Registered
583 Posts
Pedal looks good allmost original. Does it bolt to existing stud or use an existing threaded hole or do you have to drill one? Nevermind I followed your link to the answers!

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
All of it looks very good!

Others have mentioned that the hardest part of the tail lamp black trim is the removal of the tape backing.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks, the only difference in the pedal is that the black inserts seem to be plastic as opposed to rubber on the original pedals. I can't remember if the wires we that visible before I installed the pedal, if they weren't then I'll need to go back and fix the carpeting over them.

Thanks for the compliments!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts