Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'01 #5253
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted in the FB group, but figured I'd touch base back here again!

17 years ago I sold it.
10 years ago I started looking for it.
2 years ago I found it.
Last weekend, I bought it back!

Long story, to its return...The guy I sold it to, contacted me ~2008 and said he was going to sell it. I passed as the time wasn't right. A few years later I contacted him, asking what happened to it. He said he sold it to someone over in Daytona or St. Augustine. He didn't remember where or have his contact info. With nothing to go on, I started a nationwide Autotrader search for green 2001 mustangs with not much luck. A Carfax showed it wasn't registered. About once a month or more, I'd search that area's craigslist. Then in August of 2019, there was a Green Bullitt for sale with what looked like a feature I knew of my old car. I contacted the owner and asked what bullitt # it was. He came back with a #, but it was not the car... I responded "thanks as I was looking for my old car: #5253". And he comes back with "hold on, I have another, let me check". Wouldn't you know he had two, and my old Bullitt was the other car. He said his son would kill him if he ever sold that one (it was in better condition than the car that was on CL). So I gave him my email and phone # and said, let me know if you ever do. In January, he said he was thinking of selling, and last weekend I was finally able to bring it home!

It has not been driven much in the last few years. Working on swapping all the fluids and some general reconditioning!

·
Premium Member
5,984 Posts
Awesome story of life happening and being able to finally find #5253 again!! Thanks for posting !!
Welcome back (y)

Reactions: BTBullitt

·
Administrator
6,520 Posts
Phenomenal! Welcome back!!

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Sweet...way to go "full circle." :D

·
Registered
392 Posts
Great story about a great car. Congratulations on finding and buying you Bullitt back!

·
Registered
'01 #5253
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all! Yes, it was a lot of perseverance and an equal amount of luck!

Air/Fuel/Oil filters changed; Oil, brake fluid, and Coolant changed. Trans and power steering fluid are next. Have not touched the car this week. Putting new flooring down in the kid's rooms. Hope to jump back into it this weekend.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,282 Posts
Thanks all! Yes, it was a lot of perseverance and an equal amount of luck!

Air/Fuel/Oil filters changed; Oil, brake fluid, and Coolant changed. Trans and power steering fluid are next. Have not touched the car this week. Putting new flooring down in the kid's rooms. Hope to jump back into it this weekend.
Hi BT, and welcome back! I also this year had all the fluids in #344 changed out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts