Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Smoked a GT this morning on the way to work. He tried to pass me as we both got on I-25 south in Albuquerque...I was doing about 50, downshifted into 2nd and dropped the hammer. He was about 4 car lengths ahead of me when I dropped it...redlined 2nd, slammed 3rd and passed him at 90 in the fast lane. He jumped in behind me, went around 2 cars, then back into the lane to my right. He never got any closer than 7 or 8 car lengths while I pulled away. Once he was about 200 yrds behind me I backed off from about 110 and let him catch up...why you ask? Just so he could read "BULLITT" before I dropped it back to 4th and left him for good. I saw him get off an exit in my rear view a few minutes later with his tail between his legs! DAMN I LOVE THIS CAR!

On a side note...when I slammed 3rd, I got a slight hesistation with the pedal to the floor. I backed off a millimeter and got all the juice back. I wonder if it was an airflow problem? Gotta get that Densecharger soon! :-B

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: h1resq on 2001-10-03 19:31 ]</font>

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Come to think of it, yes it was. But, I just lit them up coming home from the gym tonight (ya know stress reliever). Dead stop, rev to 3000, dumped the clutch. Traction control was on then and they lit up good! Don't understand it... :sad:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Wade

Funny thing about traction control. As long as the car isnt going fast and the car stays striaght traction control doesn't engage. Anything above about 10-20 miles an hour activates TC. Or at least thats what I have experienced.

Steve

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Here's a guess. As long as both wheels are spinning at the same speed, TC is happy. It's when one changes speed and the other doesn't that it kicks in.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Sometimes TC can be annoying. I was taking this really hard right in first and when I was shifting into second TC kicked on and it killed almost all momentum and power in second gear because it was trying to regain control. I was like damn it :sad:. I need to rememeber not to do that when TC is on :smile:

Also, nice kill :smile:

Black Bullitt #1574
anumis bullitt

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anumis on 2001-10-04 13:58 ]</font>

·
Registered
229 Posts
What year was that GT? cause come on, the bullitt is faster, but not THAT much faster.

And I actually have to disagree on the nice kill. I'm not sure how much traffic there was, but when you have one guy swerving around 2 cars, it can't exactly be safe. I'm far from a lightfoot, but i'm also old enough (27) to know that getting stupid can get some people killed. Not necessarily from your driving, although that's definitely a possibility, but also from the guy you're messing with.

I personally save the triple digit runs for the drag strip, and keep the street drags to a moderate amount over the limit.

2001 DHG Bullit #4719
Densecharger
1995 Laser Red GT
K&N Filter

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gibscreen on 2001-10-08 05:08 ]</font>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts