Pedals - hardly any wear yet!

Looking in...

Bone stock under the hood.

All open.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Classic black!
My wife and daughter begged me to get the black over the green but the closest one was pretty far away, plus I wanted to buy from my local dealer.

These cars look awesome in black.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Nice, your tint looks great! Here in Jersey we can't tint the side windows..Jersey sucks...

·
Registered
302 Posts
Beautiful, nice job cleaning it up.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Great looking Bullitt, Rob! I came really close to pulling the trigger on a black Bullitt this spring. They are so stealthy that they're almost irresistible. But my heart was set on green, so I passed. It was an incredible deal too! If I could only afford one of each...

Dave

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, gents. It's such a fun car that it's actually fun to keep clean! I wonder if I could use the Tom Sawyer trick to get people to PAY ME to be seen washing it? :)

I really think the wife is a HUGE fan of it and, though we can't afford to buy two of them, either (we, like most rational people, like things like clothes, food, air conditioning, etc) - I think that she'd be "amenable" to the suggestion of getting a matched pair. I think the whole muscled-up "stripped and not striped" style is right up her alley, and the HID headlamps are really great... Red's her favorite color, but this one in black is dandy with her red clothes. Maybe there's a nice Shelby in our future? Best without the stripes, IMO. Always fun gunning it and everyone's looking at the guy with the showy GT with scoops, stripes, spoilers, and spinners.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Looks great Rob.....

And I love the color coordinated, perfectly placed driving shades.....:smile: :smile:

Grats...

Mike

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
Awesome car, how do you get your glasses to stay there?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah, always fun to look at cool cars. Especially when they've just been spit shined!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Many thanks, guys.

I live in the DFW area - more in the mid-cities, sort of right on the border of several cities.

Heh, driving shades? They're Harley-Davidson safety glasses I bought at Grainger's. I put them in that slot sometimes when I'm not driving (usually dangling by one ear thingie from the slot between the visor and the roof.
How do they stay in that little spot? They don't! ;) I wear them most of the time, but at night, I stow them.

Here's another cheesy shot I took, walking into the Target store, and I turned to admire that car once more - had to take a picture.

·
Registered
54 Posts
i've seen a few HG bullitts around here in Canada(no black ones yet), and they look very sweet, though i'm not a huge green fan...but I think it's the stealthyness of the black that makes me love it so much, nice bullitt Rob.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks, Mike. I'd like to go on a road trip this weekend and shoot some pics. I want to catch a Texas T-Storm in the background, but it looks like I'll need to head up to Oklahoma - we have a pretty strong cap keeping the DFW area devoid of rain. We'll see...

Also, thanks, BullittCzar. I prefer the black, as it says even less than the green. Stealthy, yet it has an incomparable presence. Were there really fewer than 900 made? My dad's neighbor is a charter owner of the Dodge Viper, got his in black instead of red. Last I heard, it's worth $5000 more than the red ones just because of the color. I doubt we'll be as blessed, but think it will help with some folks, though hardcore purists will prefer the green. Good news is you can't go wrong either way!

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
5656 said:
I really think the wife is a HUGE fan of it and, though we can't afford to buy two of them, either (we, like most rational people, like things like clothes, food, air conditioning, etc) - I think that she'd be "amenable" to the suggestion of getting a matched pair. I think the whole muscled-up "stripped and not striped" style is right up her alley, and the HID headlamps are really great... Red's her favorite color, but this one in black is dandy with her red clothes. Maybe there's a nice Shelby in our future? Best without the stripes, IMO. Always fun gunning it and everyone's looking at the guy with the showy GT with scoops, stripes, spoilers, and spinners.
In my case, my wife's favorite color is dark green. She has owned Mustangs for the last 30 years and her favorite is the 65/66 fastback. When the 2005 came out she loved it, but it was not available in Dark Green and we agreed that when we can get a Dark Green GT we would go for it. Saw the DHG Bullitt at the dealership and we purchased it because it was Green. The fact that it was a Bullitt really was a bonus for us. Would like to have a matching pair but she would have to have an automatic for hers. She can drive the manual but just prefers the auto for her driver.

HMMMM, I have converted cars from manual to automatic in the past.....Maybe I could have the only Bullitt with an Automatic.....just thinking out loud (which usually gets me into trouble).

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@ a buddy's place - Zombie Manor/Eerie Industries:

Again, a cheesy cell-phone camera photo.

BTW, I was invited to a car show on Aug 22. If I'm in town, I plan on going, and I might even enter. Seems like a good enough reason to get ol' 5656 cleaned up and purty! Details:
http://www.myspace.com/bamemorialshow

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Went to dinner at Outback tonight. Ol' 5656 developed an appetite in the parking lot, too. The parking lot stare-down:

And staring back:

When we were done, the Camaro was gone, and the Bullitt kept its confident look about him. All that Camaro styling and stripes and scoops and spoilers and... well, it wasn't an SS, so Bully didn't have too much to worry about.

I've got to say, guys, the new Camaro is a nice looking car. I just don't swing that way, but I can completely understand why some folks would. I can't fault their taste - just their judgment. :) I DO think that a good Camaro on the market will keep Ford pushing the Mustang to make it better, and I am more than thrilled to see it available - it means better Mustangs are soon to follow!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
At the train stop:

Always had an affinity for the working man's bars, and The Cobra Club delivers! Conveniently located across from Bell Helicopter in Hurst, TX, I believe it's been there since before 1971.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts