Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a call from Turbo People. My little Vortech V2SQ made 580RWHP at 17 lbs of boost They made me make an executive decision as to how far I wanted to push her on pump gas. I chose to enjoy her like this for a while. Ill get the exact perticulars when I pick her up tommorow.
MPH MOTOR FTW!!! I need a JT now, im excepting donations(LOL)

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
droopysbullitt said:
WOW!!!! Sounds like a monster. We need pics!! Are you coming to the 08 Bullitt Nats???
Id love to come to Myrtle Beach, let me see if I can get that week as a vacation pick.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bullitt 736 said:
If you don't already have 'em get ready to spend a few more dollars:

31 spline rear
torque boxes reinforced
welded tubes
slicks and skinnies

you get the idea. Don't stop now! LOL! It's only money.
Got everything except the Torque Box's being welded. My biggest concern is losing the tranny with a hard launch.
MO Money.....

·
Registered
937 Posts
congratulations on the new motor. Amazing it must be to enjoy driving around with 580... wow

I "need" to get one of those from MPH...

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Mr.BULLITT said:
It has been up in the air with me whether to go with MPH or DSS. Congrats on the #s, I am quite jealous.
MPH FTW!

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
TheCat033 said:
Yeah their customer service keeps turning me back to them. They are a little more expensive, but if they are willing to stand behind their product like they do id go with them 100%.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have to say after my experience with MPH, id never go anywhere else. I hear ya regarding them being a little more money, but its well spent. Tim flew from GA to NY to help me out.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Your sig says MPH built motor, what's still Bullitt about your car? Is it still the stock block? J/w to see how much a Bullitt can really take :).

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DiZzyBonne said:
Your sig says MPH built motor, what's still Bullitt about your car? Is it still the stock block? J/w to see how much a Bullitt can really take :).
The seats are still Bullitt(lol). Seriously though, I removed the stock longblock that is still complete and in great running condition and wrapped it up. The new motor is a built MPH shortblock, Patriot Stage 2 Heads that where assembled and double checked by Proline Racing And a set of Comp custom cams.
My old set up I was running 12lbs of boost for almost 2 years on the stock motor.

·
Registered
722 Posts
twin051302 said:
The seats are still Bullitt(lol). Seriously though, I removed the stock longblock that is still complete and in great running condition and wrapped it up. The new motor is a built MPH shortblock, Patriot Stage 2 Heads that where assembled and double checked by Proline Racing And a set of Comp custom cams.
My old set up I was running 12lbs of boost for almost 2 years on the stock motor.
When you say built, you mean your motor has nothing to do with Mustang anymore?

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Bullitt 736 said:
See Kaylan1521 and Mr. Bullitt. I think Double J is still a stock block also.
I can't remember Pauls #'s(something like 450 at the wheels i think) but DoubleJ is running an S/C and No2 and is putting down something like 580 with the stock internals. im not quite that high at the moment but im at 410 at the wheels.

Like most people will say, every car is different but 400rwhp is about the max before you really need a good tune and regular PMs pn the oil and such to make sure you don't blow anything. But it's always nice to have a good tune with High #s or not

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
DiZzyBonne said:
When you say built, you mean your motor has nothing to do with Mustang anymore?

Built is just another way of saying forged internals.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Just saw your post. Nice #'s!! Yes I'm still the stock block w/ about 38,000 miles on it. All but 1500 miles is at this horsepower level. Have fun and enjoy the added horsepower.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts