Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already posted this at the end of my previous CO2 spray bar post, but I'm pumped up enough that I thought this warrented its own thread.

Back from the dyno!!

Good news and bad news...

The good news: car made 60 more HP peak to peak...
The bad news: the new peak came at 5500 rpm because the car was spinning on the dyno!!!

At 5500 rpm it made 128 hp more than without the bar. So I am pleased to say the least. Also torque came up to 585 rwtq, 114 over the number without the bar. The tire spin came just before the torque peak without CO2, so that is probably a pretty good comparison. It should peak out at 600 rwtq if the peak stays at the same rpm as before.

So, its time for stickier tires, and the 8-rib kit is on the way. Then its back on the rollers for the real numbers.

And to answer a previous question: Yes, CO2 spray bars make a difference :bigguns:

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Those are some awesome gains. Did they have to adjust the tune or timing at all?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Which C02 Kit did you install? I have the 8 Rib kit from GI Joe. Pretty expensive, but overall a very well thought out kit and very straight forward to install.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Damn!! That's pretty much all I can say. I'd spray mine with Co2 if it would give me an extra 100+hp. Not sure that works with a stock motor though.:lol:

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
stang4.6 said:
I already posted this at the end of my previous CO2 spray bar post, but I'm pumped up enough that I thought this warrented its own thread.

Back from the dyno!!

Good news and bad news...

The good news: car made 60 more HP peak to peak...
The bad news: the new peak came at 5500 rpm because the car was spinning on the dyno!!!

At 5500 rpm it made 128 hp more than without the bar. So I am pleased to say the least. Also torque came up to 585 rwtq, 114 over the number without the bar. The tire spin came just before the torque peak without CO2, so that is probably a pretty good comparison. It should peak out at 600 rwtq if the peak stays at the same rpm as before.

So, its time for stickier tires, and the 8-rib kit is on the way. Then its back on the rollers for the real numbers.

And to answer a previous question: Yes, CO2 spray bars make a difference :bigguns:

and yes, they do make a large difference. Used to do yearly group dynos with my Mustang club. Did many C02 sessions. One time we did N20 cause that is all they had on hand and purposely let some go into the intake at the same time. Turbo camaro that had been beat to **** over the course of a few years. Car was a ticking time bomb at that point but was a freak of nature up to that point :D Took like 40 minutes to get it to restart as the compression was so low after our dyno fun :D

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
c02 in itself will actually rob HP as it reduces the amount of Oxygen present, much like a fire extinguisher works. Its the cooling effect that is allowing for the increased HP. The NOS Spray bars realy didnt fly because there was always some unmetered amount of Nitrous entering the air filter. This could potentially be very dangerous to a motor that is not tuned for the extra fuel that the Nitrous requires. It became a tuning nightmare as no one could determine the amount of Nos entering at any given time. I would think that both the C02 or NOS would be beneficial if used before a run at the track as a cooling agent in itself and not used while the car was in motion and under load. I am very impressed with the gains though. I look forward to seeing some real life experiences with it on the Track and street. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
twin051302 said:
Those are some awesome gains. Did they have to adjust the tune or timing at all?
No adjustments were made to the tune.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
twin051302 said:
Which C02 Kit did you install? I have the 8 Rib kit from GI Joe. Pretty expensive, but overall a very well thought out kit and very straight forward to install.
Its a basic Cold Fusion dry nitrous kit with a custom made spray bar (or loop really) that fits on the front of the cooler. Total kit price: $460.00

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ezekial said:
nice numbers!

and yes, they do make a large difference. Used to do yearly group dynos with my Mustang club. Did many C02 sessions. One time we did N20 cause that is all they had on hand and purposely let some go into the intake at the same time. Turbo camaro that had been beat to **** over the course of a few years. Car was a ticking time bomb at that point but was a freak of nature up to that point :D Took like 40 minutes to get it to restart as the compression was so low after our dyno fun :D
It's good to hear that others have had success with the spray bars. I wasn't expecting the gains I got, but I was told 40+ horse was common. I bet it becomes a more common place mod for blower cars with an air/air cooler. You really can't go wrong with 40-100hp for around $500.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Oops, double posted...

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
stang4.6 said:
It's good to hear that others have had success with the spray bars. I wasn't expecting the gains I got, but I was told 40+ horse was common. I bet it becomes a more common place mod for blower cars with an air/air cooler. You really can't go wrong with 40-100hp for around $500.
only thing the guys noted really was that it was more for improving your dyno numbers. On the track they seen little gains... probably because the air moving faster around the unit keeps it cooler than sitting still on a dyno. Hence big gains with C02.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ezekial said:
only thing the guys noted really was that it was more for improving your dyno numbers. On the track they seen little gains... probably because the air moving faster around the unit keeps it cooler than sitting still on a dyno. Hence big gains with C02.
That makes sense, I guess we'll see when I get to the track, which unfortunately is going to be awhile. I'll make some runs with and without the CO2 to check it out.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
What size pulley are you running in yer V2?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Currently 3.125 vortec pulley, I have a 3.1 reichard race non-slip pulley ordered with the 8-rib kit. I definitely want to keep it 93 octane friendly and as detonation proof as possible. A smaller pulley may be in order down the road.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
any updates on this?? tried pm'ing you about it bryon but your inbox is full.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts